• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Cross grain plywood

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Christy

Guys,

I need a piece of 1/32" plywood, at least 4.5" wide and 36" long, but it has to be cross grain, not long grain. I need it to be cosmetically clean, as well, meaning no goofy grain lines, chips, dents or knot holes and such.

I fully expect to pay for it, including shipping, I just don't want to have to buy a whole 48x48 to get it.

Any help?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad,

Try this and see if they have what you need....http://www.nationalbalsa.com/birch_plywood_s/138.htm . Sorry, you'll probably have to cut and paste I don't think you can click on the url and go there.

Carl

Guys,

I need a piece of 1/32" plywood, at least 4.5" wide and 36" long, but it has to be cross grain, not long grain. I need it to be cosmetically clean, as well, meaning no goofy grain lines, chips, dents or knot holes and such.

I fully expect to pay for it, including shipping, I just don't want to have to buy a whole 48x48 to get it.

Any help?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
I Ihave a 48" piece of 1/32 but the cross grain end is only 24" I can cut off the end if that will do.You can call me about it 217 358 3167

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil,

Do you mean 48" with the grain or across the grain?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

i used to always buy mine from lonestar.... as long as you bought 4 12 x 48 sheets they would sell it to ya...

Tom, others,

I was hoping some really cool builders might have a strip they could let go of.

Phil,

Thanks, but I need to grain to run along the width, no the length.

Anyone else?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I was looking for cross grain ply to sheet the tunnel floor of a scratch built sport 40 many years ago. I ordered my plywood from Balsa USA and Lonestar at the time. I offered to buy 1/2 a sheet and have them cut into 4 sheets of 1' X 4'. Neither supplier would do it. This makes me wonder if they stock the ply already cut in 1 X 4 sheets.

Guys,

Any help?

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
I have what you need buddy. PM me your addy.

Grim

Grim, You are the man!! THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR ALL US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doug.. thanks for the kind words..

I can not WAIT to see your boats run again... always a treat to me!

Take care and happy new year!

Grim

Latest posts

Back