• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB "big time"worn out NR.21 L/S P&S

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

I need a worn out Nova Rossi .21 L/S piston and sleeve with a sleeve O.D. of.767".

This would be one of the second generation NR L/S's.

If you can push the piston just out of the top of the liner it will be perfect.

I don't want a scored up liner or piston[like a "c" clip has gone through it] but if the piston has some siezure marks and the liner is fine,I can use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geraghty said:
I need a worn out Nova Rossi .21 L/S piston and sleeve with a sleeve O.D. of.767".This would be one of the second generation NR L/S's.

If you can push the piston just out of the top of the liner it will be perfect.

I don't want a scored up liner or piston[like a "c" clip has gone through it] but if the piston has some siezure marks and the liner is fine,I can use it.

92280[/snapback]

Hmmmmm, is someone building an IMPBA "C" class motor?? :p

Rod,

I have a 5 port P/L from the off-road engine that fits that decription.

Timing #'s are low..about 120 and 167. It is the "new generation" big OD sleeve.

AndyBrown said:
Rod,
I have a 5 port P/L from the off-road engine that fits that decription.

Timing #'s are low..about 120 and 167.  It is the "new generation" big OD sleeve.

92317[/snapback]

Andy,

Long time no talk.How are you?

The low #'s don't scare me. :D

What do want for it??

Rod

Hey Rod,

I hope you are trying to bring a worn out piston and sleeve back to life am i close? I hope so and i hope you have some success. :blink:

emac said:
I dont know if it would fit but i have a piston and sleeve from a cmb 21ls. If the one from andy doesnt work out and this one will let me know. [email protected]
92429[/snapback]

Sorry.......the CMB L/S P&S won't fit my need,dammit! :(

Sure would make this a lot easier if it would.

TOM MOORE said:
Hey Rod,
I hope you are trying to bring a worn out piston and sleeve back to life am i close?  I hope so and i hope you have some success. :blink:

92370[/snapback]

Your close. ;)

Geraghty said:
TOM MOORE said:
Hey Rod,
I hope you are trying to bring a worn out piston and sleeve back to life am i close?  I hope so and i hope you have some success. :blink:

92370[/snapback]

Your close. ;)

92435[/snapback]

Ya really think pinchin' it'll work? :rolleyes:

Good to see ya back, take 'er easy tho 'eh. ;)

Terry Keeley said:
Geraghty said:
TOM MOORE said:
Hey Rod,

92370[/snapback]

Your close. ;)

92435[/snapback]

Ya really think pinchin' it'll work? :rolleyes:

Good to see ya back, take 'er easy tho 'eh. ;)

92449[/snapback]

Terry,

I'll call you.

Rod

Pinching works great...this one in fact has had one Squeez on it about three gallons ago.

I'll send it Monday Rod.

It do work..

liner tool

We have made some changes to the tools sence the pictures were taken. Now the tool has a 1/4" pinch lip and not 1/2" but you get the idea.

ROCK ON

Grim

Grimracer said:
It do work..
liner tool

We have made some changes to the tools sence the pictures were taken. Now the tool has a 1/4" pinch lip and not 1/2" but you get the idea.

ROCK ON

Grim

92646[/snapback]

I can personally vouch for the resizing. Mike's tool works quite well. I have also tried using a specialty machine shop with great results. You can specify the fit that you want, even to the specs and fit of a new engine. Cost about $15.00 each engine instead of paying over $100.00 for a new P/S. Got them back within a week of sending them out. Engines ran like new again.

Website is: http://www.rayracing.com

Ray explains the process quite well on the website. He only does up to size .28. Maybe he could do larger ones if enough request it. He does primarily cars but the principle is the very same for our boats.

Back