WTB - 1/8 Dummy Allison Distributors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Gypsy

A few years back, I used the distributors from my Troy McIntyre kit on another dummy motor, thinking I would just order another set from Troy. Now I am ready to build the kit and need a pair. Does anyone have a spare set that they are willing to part with? Does anyone know who has the molds and whether or not new ones can be made?

Thanks,

Dennis

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years back, I used the distributors from my Troy McIntyre kit on another dummy motor, thinking I would just order another set from Troy. Now I am ready to build the kit and need a pair. Does anyone have a spare set that they are willing to part with? Does anyone know who has the molds and whether or not new ones can be made?

Thanks,

Dennis
The molds and all the stuff Troy had is locked in his garage. The family wont let anyone touch them. A shame as we all could benefit from those molds....

Unfortunately, the last time any of Troy's molds were used was when Brian Lepinski layed up all of Troy's oustanding known of orders. I'm hoping that the family will let someone use them in the near future since he had some molds I would love to have parts made from

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks,

Dennis
Dennis

Let me heve a look I know I have what you need.

Cheers

Kevin

Dennis - Please e-mail me: [email protected]. I have what you need. I went down to the museum & measured some stock Allison distributors & made 'em to scale - right down to the 9 bolts on the covers. I usually only sell them with my complete engine kits but I'm sure we can work out something!

larry ,

slightly off topic but i'm wondering if you're planning on offering 1/6 scale merlin and allison engine kits ?

thank you,

dave

larry ,

slightly off topic but i'm wondering if you're planning on offering 1/6 scale merlin and allison engine kits ?

thank you,

dave
Yeah Dave, that's the plan. I started on the stuff a year ago but i,ve had a lot of irons in the fire lately. Spare time is almost non-existent! So far have the plugs done for Merlin & Allison valve covers, Turbo-Allison lower intakes, one Merlin exhaust stack (need to replicate 6 to make a rack), Allison distributors & am about 1/2 done w/ intake manifolds for both. Lots left to do but I'm pluggin' away at it!

Thanks for asking - Larry

Larry, any rough idea yet on the cost of the larger engine kits? Also, do you forsee being able to get scale driver figures?

Larry, any rough idea yet on the cost of the larger engine kits? Also, do you forsee being able to get scale driver figures?
I originally figured about 20% more. Lately though I've been mulling over a general price increase. I really hate to do it but supplies cost about 4 times what they did when I started (over 20 yrs ago!). It will be the first increase ever - I guess it is what it is. Anyway... it will probably make the 1/8 kits $60 & the 120% kits $70-$80. As for the drivers, I made a one-off guy for Marty S with one of my exsisting heads, lengthened arms & a GI Joe torso. It looked about as weird as it sounds! Kim Smith charged $30 for the larger uniform & even she said they would fit better if the body was less muscular. So I started scouting some antique malls & just recently purchased a Ken doll (from the '70s - practically an antique in it's own right!). I plan to use him for body parts & so far I have only one helmet - classic open-faced w/ beak. As soon as I get some molds made, I'll get a figure to Kim so she can make patterns & we'll be in business! Larry

20+ YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like we need to start calling you Larry Newton since Roger never raised his prices either. Does the wife know you're going belly up on this, or soon wil be? If the big stuff looks as good as the scale parts I've already bought, they will be required equipment for concourse judging.

If you make it to the HARM on the 13th, I may see you there.

20+ YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like we need to start calling you Larry Newton since Roger never raised his prices either. Does the wife know you're going belly up on this, or soon wil be? If the big stuff looks as good as the scale parts I've already bought, they will be required equipment for concourse judging.

If you make it to the HARM on the 13th, I may see you there.
Thanks for the kind words - I do appreciate it! Unfortunately I have to work that Saturday:( I probably won't get off til after 4pm but I think I will cruise by the museum anyway & see if anyone is still hanging around.

Larry

Back