Wrecked Jae

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydro rob

I guess its time to build another one... Got radio interference from this group that was right on top of us in our pit area. Everyting they had was wireless, speakers, mic, instuments etc... Lots of it. Everyone had radio problems that day. We all packed up and left.

jaewreck.jpg

holly crap!!! Thats sucks big time!! What radio freq was you using?? I'm running a 2.4 system in mine.

On the back straight it just went hard left, I was at 1/4 throttle crusing, and it jumped up to full throttle. After that, to test I threw in my vegas to see if it would glitch, and it did, I was able to shut it down though. Couple other guys noticed that there radios were super sensitive, like a slight right turn would do a complete spin out, like your D/R was all the way up.

Race is this sunday comming, I hope I can get another one built by then!
Oh sh*T I have one in my JAE.12!!! This will get guys thinking 2.4 can be glitched. There should be heads rolling on this crash! I would be talking to the guys who ran the wireless radio& speaker systems!

If your pressed for time, you would be better off rebuilding that one. I could have that back in the water in 2 days or so. It does not have to look pretty. Cut new frame rails for the front. Lay them out against the existing rail. Cut the edges clean. You can put a splice on the outside of the tub for strength. The sponson just need some epoxy to strengthen the tips up. Patch in the bottom sheeting. Redo the top sheeting. Slap on a coat of epoxy to seal it. Your done. Come on man get to it. Piece of cake.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike's correct! That's an easy fix. Looks worse than it really is. I've seen John Brown fix something like that in time for the next heat.

So a band was practicing in the pit area?

You did say EVERYBODY was having problems.

IF given enough power. Watts.. One can override ANY radio system.

Grim

I guess I could, but the sponsons are cracked all the way, lenghtwise, and the boom tube mounts pulled out. The tub side is also split. I guess I could rebuild it... I will know tonight when I take it apart. Good info to know.

Yea it was a rather overkill setup for what they we're doing, but they were there first and I'm asuming they reserved the upper part anywyas. They really didn't want us there anyways.

Oh well, in all the years going there this is the only time something like this came up, it is a public place so they could be there too, just kinda irritating.

I was at a race in Summerville SC a few years ago and saw John Brown fix a completely destroyed sponson with paper-towels and 2 bottles of zap,and yes it was done before the next heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at a race in Summerville SC a few years ago and saw John Brown fix a completely destroyed sponson with paper-towels and 2 bottles of zap,and yes it was done before the next heat.
Mark Anderson and I rebuilt my L sport 40 sponson at a race. Everything from the trailing edge of the ride pad forward was gone. Gathering up all the pieces. Used most of the parts. Anything that was missing got tape. Reinforced it all with papertowels and thin CA. The one thing we forgot to do was add 8oz of lead to it. That piece of the boat sank. I was in the hunt for the dist championship and it was the last race. Made the next heat. It was a handfull to drive because the left sponson would not stay down.

Mike

Ok you head this from joe on rcu.. before you race it,findout what radio & speaker system there using. if there a 2.4 ?? tell them what can happened.

Back