Worlds fastest

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulHail

I was extremely fortunate to meet Jack Costella in the summer of 1992 at Bonneville during the World of Speed time trials. We became friends and I worked with wrenching on Nebulous Theorem II the car that got him into the 200 mph club, and after some bench racing sessions he asked me to help him building Nebulous Theorem III with the goal of getting him in the 300 mph club. There were a fair number of hours, blood, sweat, profanity and many others that helped to complete Nebulous III in less than a year. Due to race delays due to rain and new vehicle toothing pains it was another year before we achieved our goal of a 300+ mph record. Nebulous III has gone on to set many records in the 20+ years since we completed it. Jack is 82, he stopped driving his streamliner cars and motorcycles at 75 but keeps building them. To say Jack is a character is as subtle as his streamliners.

6064588942_9a05dbd29e_b.jpg

Jack, Al Teague, Dennis Varney and Duanne McKninney are featured in a documentary project - a tribute to the vanishing era of internal combustion and fossil fuel racing. It tells the story of a generation of Speedseekers who cherish the smell of gasoline and oil like the very air we breathe; people whose sense of purpose is tied to the creation of record setting vehicles. They are powered by absolute devotion, friendship, and the ambition to win—from the first turn of the wrench all the way to the starting line at Bonneville.

If you'd like to help get this film made, please check out the Worlds Fastest Kickstarter project.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1380496226/the-worlds-fastest-land-speed-racing-in-bonneville

Back