Working front wings

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That kind of depends on the gyro. Some give a linear response so the servo is moving almost instantly while others are all or nothing. Not sure if the later is still made or not but they tended to take some time to react

I helped Kirk Johnson build a 1/8th scale Bubble Bud about 20 years ago. We decided early on that we wanted to try gyro-controlled flaps & installed a Futaba rate-gyro from a helicopter set-up. He bought a Nautical Commander 3-channel radio that had a stick for the 3rd channel. With that stick you could set the "neutral" position where ever you wanted it & the gyro would react to changes in incidence of the hull & then return to neutral. Even with that early equipment, we both agreed that the gyro generally reacted before you even knew there was a problem. He did blow the boat over a couple of times while testing with the gyro turned off but never blew over, testing or in competition, with it turned on. Of course that boat had a fixed wing with flaps - I suppose on newer hulls, with full movable wings, the effect might be more dramatic & maybe even a little trickier to set up. But there's no question that the equipment will react quicker than the average driver.

Hi guys.

In regards the gyros response, It is instant.

I know with the Futaba heading hold gyro'' I use, it responds as needed.

Slight offset movement that the servo will react slightly.

Massive offset than the servo will give full pitch. It all depends on how you program it.

and with the heading hold you can program the angle of attitude you want.

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys.

In regards the gyros response, It is instant.

I know with the Futaba heading hold gyro'' I use, it responds as needed.

Slight offset movement that the servo will react slightly.

Massive offset than the servo will give full pitch. It all depends on how you program it.

and with the heading hold you can program the angle of attitude you want.

Brad
Brad

Which Futaba Gyro system are you using

Gilbert

Hi Gillbert

Mate I use the Futaba 611 .

Awesome Gyro ezzy to program, and also good for me cause I have them left over from some of my heli's

Last edited by a moderator:
Back