Wooden tunnel kits - 45 size

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the dumas boats are old designed that are not designed to handle the power that the more modern engines will put out.
Sorta like the guy who designed them. He's certainly not putting out the same amount of power.
default_sad.png

JD
Lol

Carl,

Been a lot of interest here in Fl for the Shamans and or a lighter superstock 40 hull. Any chance you have plans for a 330 version?

Since the Stewart race I have been asked several times what's available right "now' in .45 hulls as they want boats for racing in January and on to Charleston.

Mic

Carl,

Been a lot of interest here in Fl for the Shamans and or a lighter superstock 40 hull. Any chance you have plans for a 330 version?

Since the Stewart race I have been asked several times what's available right "now' in .45 hulls as they want boats for racing in January and on to Charleston.

Mic
Hello Mic,

There is a lot of interest in that area and once I get my head straight from all that has gone on here, I plan to look into getting something for that class.

I am thinking 335 will be the size of that hull. That will put it 1/2 inch under the 34 inch limit for other classes and should be a good size. Although the intent may be for a superstock 40, most will load them with 40 mods.

-Carl

Carl,

Your correct much like the Shaman people will try to overpower them and maybe at 33 1/2 " it could be a factor. At the recent Stewart race I borrowed a Shaman with an 8701 to a car racer friend who is getting into boats. He did well in superstock and Mod 40 his first race. Actually it ran better than the Nelson can motor on our other Shaman. Nice thing about the can motors is they corner better with more even throttle plus less punch. Much less likely to do anything stupid. They finish races. The plus side to under 34" is also a perfect FE "P" boat which the Shaman is at 31 1/2". Might be the missing link. Call it the "SpruceMongoose"
default_smile.png

Mic

Carl,

Your correct much like the Shaman people will try to overpower them and maybe at 33 1/2 " it could be a factor. At the recent Stewart race I borrowed a Shaman with an 8701 to a car racer friend who is getting into boats. He did well in superstock and Mod 40 his first race. Actually it ran better than the Nelson can motor on our other Shaman. Nice thing about the can motors is they corner better with more even throttle plus less punch. Much less likely to do anything stupid. They finish races. The plus side to under 34" is also a perfect FE "P" boat which the Shaman is at 31 1/2". Might be the missing link. Call it the "SpruceMongoose"
default_smile.png

Mic
Mic,

I think it will work great too.

-Carl

Hi Kris,

do you sell your tunnels in kit form, and would you have a pic of one, I'm in Australia as well

thanks

Shane
Because you asked nicely
default_smile.png

Boats will be sold in Kit form (everything including cowl), with an option of being built by me also.

I am uploading some videos, keen an eye out for my tunnel thread shortly.

20141031_163943.jpg

20141031_163930.jpg

Thanks Kris,

I would certainly want to purchase one or two of your kits

regards

Shane

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kris,

do you sell your tunnels in kit form, and would you have a pic of one, I'm in Australia as well

thanks

Shane
Because you asked nicely
default_smile.png

Boats will be sold in Kit form (everything including cowl), with an option of being built by me also.

I am uploading some videos, keen an eye out for my tunnel thread shortly.
IS THAT SMART MONKEY'S AZZ in the 2nd pic...SEXY MF'er. lol

(And why is the tunnel thread ONLY 2 pages deep...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trust you to see his ass Stan...

give me a week or 2 Shane, no money will change hands untillI have stuff here to go out :)

Since this topic is open to all builders maybe we can get all the "Gepedo's" (wood kit builders) to take this opportunity to give us prices and availability on there hulls.
Carl has on other threads and Kris needs to give more details. Maybe Paul Renna who is now producing the ML line will chime in? Since the Stewart race I have had several guys ask about getting a hull for 45 mod and or superstock and I can't give them a definitive answer. Models, kit price and price for built options along with lead time. It is frustrating to not be able to direct new guys to quality hull. They think they have to know the secret handshake to get one. Lets not leave Mike Crawford of Woodstuff out of the conversation.

Mic

I am aiming for $200USD plus postage for a complete kit (incl cowl) for the 20 size (31") (so maybe $240 SHIPPED to the USA) But i am also going to look into a US supplier to cut and ship my boats from within the USA to keep cost down for everyone.

and maybe $250usd for the 45 size (38")

Built boats will be in the $400usd range for a 20 and around $450-475usd for the 40 + postage...I will choose to build only for people who will be racing for the first few I do.

Just waiting on final test samples from supplier to confirm I am happy with a few things.

Jerry, You are too funny. For what it's worth I started racing your hulls back in the 90's. I am in the process of finishing one of your plans built .21 hull for my son twelve year old son with an old .21 K&B.

For myself I am working on a FE conversion TS3 see attached.

49f749a51eeaa24f5c31f414fd1f5e18.jpg

Back