Wild thing mono kit build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil,

There are so many variables on these simple deep vee boats that it could drive you crazy. We were running a twin inline gas mono last week as well and I had added strakes to it the week before, just like on the wild thing. The boat chine walked baddly so we removed the strakes. Steve Speas did all the work as it was a team record and I was busy with my electric boats. The boat then ran smoother without the strakes as the keel at the transom was able to find a groove to keep the hull straight. Extending the rudder further from the transom helped with prop walk and then the record was set. Most of the time I find no strakes are better for control as the vee at the transom is effective in holding the boat on track. What good is a fast boat on a pad or strakes if you can't control it. My delta mono was not running smooth either so I ended up sanding out the strakes to only 1/8th of an inch high at the transom. Like you said. Every boat is different.

Anyone who has a finished 32” nitro version of this kit have a finished weight? I’ve been putting one together the past three weeks or so and getting to the point I can make a good guesstimate on final weight with finish. Even skimping as much as possible with gear, looking to push a bit over 4 and a quarter, which is a bit higher than I was hoping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weight is not the enemy with this boat. It will be just fine with that weight.

John
one other thing, on the side placement, do the side go below the bottoms all the way to the front or just to around the front bulkhead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lip goes all the way to the front. It gives better support but it can be eliminated without problems to the ride of the boat if it only goes to the front bulkhead. The lip acts as a turn fin to allow the boat to whip the corners better as well as being better for the bond between the side and bottom of the hull.

Back