Which GO engine for OB conversion ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wennie, The PTO housing diameter that fits into the crank case will need to be turned down to about 1.002" to fit the Go engine. The bolt holes will also have to be sloted just a bit to fit also. Other wise every thing will fit great. I have done up a couple of Go OB's now.

Mark
Thanks Mark, Good to know the exact size and my friend the precision engineer will take care of that on his NC lathe. I'm assuming that the cranshaft-pin locating slot in the PTO is OK as is ?

I managed to get hold of one of these engines today from the local distributor in Johannesburg (about 1300 kilkometers to the North of Cape Town), and it was posted to me by overnight mail this afternoon. Should have it tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. :)

Jerry, I'll stay inside 180* ex timing and will try to get the pipe length as close to 8 inches as possible. Please just confirm again from where to where is that normally measured ???)

Cheers,

Wennie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wennie, The PTO housing diameter that fits into the crank case will need to be turned down to about 1.002" to fit the Go engine. The bolt holes will also have to be sloted just a bit to fit also. Other wise every thing will fit great. I have done up a couple of Go OB's now.

Mark
Thanks Mark, Good to know the exact size and my friend the precision engineer will take care of that on his NC lathe. I'm assuming that the cranshaft-pin locating slot in the PTO is OK as is ?

I managed to get hold of one of these engines today from the local distributor in Johannesburg (about 1300 kilkometers to the North of Cape Town), and it was posted to me by overnight mail this afternoon. Should have it tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. :)

Jerry, I'll stay inside 180* ex timing and will try to get the pipe length as close to 8 inches as possible. Please just confirm again from where to where is that normally measured ???)

Cheers,

Wennie.

Its center of plug thru the center of the header and pipe to 2nd line of the constant diameter section of the HTB "HP" pipe. Usually that line I'm talking about is before the tank pressure nipple. The "HP" pipe is a good one if your trying to get a short pipe length.

Lower exhaust port timing along with the extra volume in the button should give you pretty good compression for 35 to 40% nitro. The compression will help the engine to develope heat but watch the heat and plug carefully. Work all running up from a sick rich setting, always.

Thanks Mark, Good to know the exact size and my friend the precision engineer will take care of that on his NC lathe. I'm assuming that the cranshaft-pin locating slot in the PTO is OK as is ?I managed to get hold of one of these engines today from the local distributor in Johannesburg (about 1300 kilkometers to the North of Cape Town), and it was posted to me by overnight mail this afternoon. Should have it tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. :)

Cheers,

Wennie.

Yes the crank pin slot and everthing else is good to go. Just turn down the OD on the PTO housing and slot the mounting holes. Then bolt her together and has fun.

Mark

Thanks Mark, Good to know the exact size and my friend the precision engineer will take care of that on his NC lathe. I'm assuming that the cranshaft-pin locating slot in the PTO is OK as is ?I managed to get hold of one of these engines today from the local distributor in Johannesburg (about 1300 kilkometers to the North of Cape Town), and it was posted to me by overnight mail this afternoon. Should have it tomorrow or wednesday at the latest. :)

Cheers,

Wennie.

Yes the crank pin slot and everthing else is good to go. Just turn down the OD on the PTO housing and slot the mounting holes. Then bolt her together and has fun.

Mark
Jerry / Mark,

Thanks for your responses above, I'll let you know how things worked out once I've run the boat with the new engine.

Kind regards,

Back