Where are all the Irwin Pipes?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baxter Walton

First is Jim still around? Who is carrying on this great pipe legacy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a brand new Quiet pipe for Inboard .21's but bought it about 15 years ago...so don't know if they are still being made/sold.......

-Kent

I have been corrected, Jim is still around!!!! I dont believe Jim is still with us. Mark Leyde knows who got the pipe business, but I have heard it is very hard to get a pipe from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont believe Jim is still with us. Mark Leyde knows who got the pipe business, but I have heard it is very hard to get a pipe from him.
Thats sad to hear, those were great pipes for out/board and inboard as well. I did get one of my old 21 pipes back, Joe Monohan has my other one on his boat and hes not selling ;)

I betcha 707 Joe has a pretty nice stash of killer "old school" stuff!! :lol:

LOL...that's what I meant....I love it up there...my favorite place in the world is the Sierra's!! :D

-Kent

First is Jim still around? Who is carrying on this great pipe legacy?
Steve Cooper, of Cooperpies bought, irwins business which included a large spinning machine and mandrels, he has updated the pipes with new designs, U can contact Lynn Cooper here [email protected] about purchasing some pipes.

Hope this helps

dick
new design? what was wrong with the old one? What updates?

Update

Jim Irwin is around but his health is not good.Jim is Blind from his parkinson's disease.I stop over at Jim's two weeks ago when I went to the doctors for my shoulder.Jim was so glide to hear a voice he knows.I will stop back to see him in 4 weeks to see how he is doing.

Dave Roach

jydracing.com is where you go for a stamped "Irwin" pipe...If he still is making them. Cooper had their own .21OB pipe for a while but no longer make outboard pipes. The outboard pipe Cooper used to make looks like this.

Baxter put up a WTB post in the for sale section

I have 3 x 20 pipes but im keeping them im still chasing a 40 pipe

Greg
lol Greg I have my 20 Irwin , would like a back up too, i think I have a better chance finding Irwin's here seeing that O/b are not being ran at all. i will keep an eye out for you as well.

iv been in contact with jimmy and he is has been laid up with a hand injury

Greg ........

i am now the australian dealer for jimmy (jydracing) iv have a bunch of pipes on order as soon as there done ill shoot you an email as i have .45 pipes on order

cheers ian

Back