What's up with Jim's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one of the coils are bad. Not sure if it is the red or grey?

Was able to get some things done since it has been out.

Beginning to realize that I MIGHT have been a LITTLE addicted.

Built a complete Insane Gen 3 Cat in one day.

Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I was just able to log onto JRCBD finally... ;) Here is a post I found on the site.. Hopefully the problem is resolved.. ;)

Web Site Issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As many of you are aware the dock has not been working well the last few days. Several issues are the blame.

First - The site went down due to a SQL Server fail the other day.

Second - The server was fixed but then the ISP changed several entries in his name servers and this caused the site to have DNS failures.

Both issues have been resolved and we hope this does not occur again. I apologize for the inconvenience and will work more closely with the ISP we are using to avoid these issues in the future.

In the future... This site is hosted on a shared server with other web sites. The ISP recently purchased a new server and will move all of the other sites that are on this server over to the new machine. That will mean we will have complete control of the server we will be hosted on. This is good news as we have been looking to upgrade the site for some time now. Since this server was shared with other sites many of the other sites had compatibility issues if the shared resources were upgraded. Well now this should not be an issue. Over the next week weeks we hope to upgrade the software that this site is running and optimize the database software as well. After that is done then additional software tools can be added. A chat function that many of you have been desiring can then be considered as well as a few other possible applications. Thanks for being patient.

Jim Nissen and the Admin Crew

I think one of the coils are bad. Not sure if it is the red or grey?Was able to get some things done since it has been out.

Beginning to realize that I MIGHT have been a LITTLE addicted.

Built a complete Insane Gen 3 Cat in one day.

Daniel
Ha too funny ..me too !! While we are on the subject of gas , my insane with butch BM 260 started starving for fuel on top end ..replaced metering diafragm and was 90 % better but still stuttered a little , clean fuel with spotless filter ?? Any thoughts or just remove carb and clean?

Tom...pull the plate off the bottom of the carb (the one that is held on by 1 screw). Pay close to attention to the diaphram...if the 2 little flaps are not sitting flush on the base covering the holes the carb will not meter correctly. Usually if the rubber pumping diaphram is bad, the rubber flapper diaphram is bad as well. Get a rebuild kit and use the clear plastic blue one...i have not had to change one of those yet since putting them in my carbs.

Thanks ..just did that and found a wad of crap in there despite constantly changing and cleaning filters . The blue diaphragm was deformed so I relaced it , the screen and the upper rubber diaphragm . thanks for the tips Bud !

no problem. These carbs are a pain in the arse to keep in perfect working order, especially with the garbage they call pumpgas now. Sure wish CMDi would come out with the nitro style carb they were talking about for our gassers.

90% ++ of the issues with pumper carbs are caused from the USERS not being educated on the proper set up of tanks and pre-filters in the delivery line.

First off,

Pumper carbs NO NOT LIKE air in the lines, if air bubbles are present the metering accuracy go's in the toilet !!

This is WHY, Felt wicking type filters are used on chainsaw and weedeaters.

Second,

An upstream fuel filter is a MUST HAVE item, the small @ 1/4" screen in the metering side is ONLY a crap catcher and NOT designed to be a primary filter !! The aforementioned Felt wick pickups are also primary fuel filters.

** If you are constantly getting crap in the small screen within carb, you have bigger problems down stream with an even smaller and finer mesh screen located under the high speed delivery hole behind the welsh plug.

When this screen starts to get blocked high speed fuel starvation is an absolute :(

90% ++ of the issues with pumper carbs are caused from the USERS not being educated on the proper set up of tanks and pre-filters in the delivery line.
First off,

Pumper carbs NO NOT LIKE air in the lines, if air bubbles are present the metering accuracy go's in the toilet !!

This is WHY, Felt wicking type filters are used on chainsaw and weedeaters.

Second,

An upstream fuel filter is a MUST HAVE item, the small @ 1/4" screen in the metering side is ONLY a crap catcher and NOT designed to be a primary filter !! The aforementioned Felt wick pickups are also primary fuel filters.

** If you are constantly getting crap in the small screen within carb, you have bigger problems down stream with an even smaller and finer mesh screen located under the high speed delivery hole behind the welsh plug.

When this screen starts to get blocked high speed fuel starvation is an absolute :(
This is the first problem that has surfaced in this boat in three years , plug was lean , small screen slightly plugged ..confidence is high that it will run good tomorrow . I have never had a fuel issue with a gas boat yet other than a needed diaphragm change ( did I just say that ???? :lol: :lol: )

Back