What's This?!?!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I havent seen this prop yet, but its at my house, My son opened the box, and all I heard was wow! Andy, My son Chuck likes working on props and is really picky. He was really impressed as I am sure I will be also. I think one is already on the back of his SP 40!! haha, Hopefully, we will get to test Sat or Sunday. Thanks ALOT!! Ken
Looking forward to hearing how it runs Ken. How it works on your boat compared to what already works best for you.

That will give me a base to work from and then I can add or reduce lift, change pitch and other details until we get them running just the way you need them.

My goal is to have many variations so we can use them directly off the machine and not have to cut or cup them.

I'm planning to designate them by Diameter and Pitch in millimeters.

This new 50mm prop would be a 5082. Dia. = 50mm Pitch=82mm.

There will also be designation for rake and progression to help indicate the lift and accelleration characteristics of the prop.

It will probably be a letter suffix such as 5083B.

It's easy enough to find the Pitch/Diameter ratio by dividing the dia. into the pitch. In this case it becomes 1.64/1

The plan is to have this same basic 50mm prop in a range of pitches, such as 76mm, 79mm, 82mm, 85mm and so on.

The more feedback I get from everyone the quicker I can develope the best props for all the different applications.

This fisrt prop is a base and may work great on some set-ups and probably will not work at all on others.

Please be sure to let me know how the prop reacts even if it doesn't work for your hull/power. All feedback is needed.

I made a 47mm prop today (4773) It has a little more pitch than the X447 and the X646/3.

More later! :)

let me know when you have a 60 X 96, or there abouts.
Doug,

Our first 1/8 Scale prop is a 5096C/3 blade. The blades are relatively wide at the tips. This will make up for the smaller diameter. The pitch mapping on this prop should give good top end speed similar to a 1457/3 yet have good out of the hole accelleration similar to an X460.

Andy

I havent seen this prop yet, but its at my house, My son opened the box, and all I heard was wow! Andy, My son Chuck likes working on props and is really picky. He was really impressed as I am sure I will be also. I think one is already on the back of his SP 40!! haha, Hopefully, we will get to test Sat or Sunday. Thanks ALOT!! Ken
Looking forward to hearing how it runs Ken. How it works on your boat compared to what already works best for you.

That will give me a base to work from and then I can add or reduce lift, change pitch and other details until we get them running just the way you need them.

My goal is to have many variations so we can use them directly off the machine and not have to cut or cup them.

I'm planning to designate them by Diameter and Pitch in millimeters.

This new 50mm prop would be a 5082. Dia. = 50mm Pitch=82mm.

There will also be designation for rake and progression to help indicate the lift and accelleration characteristics of the prop.

It will probably be a letter suffix such as 5083B.

It's easy enough to find the Pitch/Diameter ratio by dividing the dia. into the pitch. In this case it becomes 1.64/1

The plan is to have this same basic 50mm prop in a range of pitches, such as 76mm, 79mm, 82mm, 85mm and so on.

The more feedback I get from everyone the quicker I can develope the best props for all the different applications.

This fisrt prop is a base and may work great on some set-ups and probably will not work at all on others.

Please be sure to let me know how the prop reacts even if it doesn't work for your hull/power. All feedback is needed.

I made a 47mm prop today (4773) It has a little more pitch than the X447 and the X646/3.

More later! :)

let me know when you have a 60 X 96, or there abouts.
Doug,

Our first 1/8 Scale prop is a 5096C/3 blade. The blades are relatively wide at the tips. This will make up for the smaller diameter. The pitch mapping on this prop should give good top end speed similar to a 1457/3 yet have good out of the hole accelleration similar to an X460.

Andy
Andy,

Send me 2 when they are ready..................

jw

Hey Andy,
Looking for a few props fo a 3.5 nitro rossi on a TS2 hull.

Do you have any?

Doug
Doug, I don't have a prop that works well on the TS2 yet.
that is a bummer as that is what i run..lol , andy if you could give me a estimate of time when the rtr props are being done and the the flex shafts i ordered , that would be gre3at man, thanks

terry
Terry,

I will be working on some good 21 tunnel props soon. :)

Andy
i'm ready & waiting.......

Hi Andy

Just got back from the lake testing the new 38/57 4 blade on the sport 20 hydro and all I can say is what a fast prop.

Andy

The handling was better than the m-440 a little more lift to help the boat lay flatter on the water,the launch was a little slow getting the boat on plane and that could be just a little strut adjustment from the m-440 to the 38/57 but the all out performance you couldn't ask for a better prop.

Dave Roach

AndyThe handling was better than the m-440 a little more lift to help the boat lay flatter on the water,the launch was a little slow getting the boat on plane and that could be just a little strut adjustment from the m-440 to the 38/57 but the all out performance you couldn't ask for a better prop.

Dave Roach

Thanks Dave and congratulations on your big win in Twin Hydro at Atlanta.

AndyThe handling was better than the m-440 a little more lift to help the boat lay flatter on the water,the launch was a little slow getting the boat on plane and that could be just a little strut adjustment from the m-440 to the 38/57 but the all out performance you couldn't ask for a better prop.

Dave Roach
i'll agree on the launch part, only in relation to tunnels. on the 2 hulls that run well with the 38/57 4 blade, they both take longer to hook up than my 2 or 3 bladed props. once they hook, they are very good, and don't load or unload in the turns :D . seems to like a wider, flatter sponson & a shallower tunnel, something that runs a 'little lighter' on the water........

Andy:

What have you got that is similar to the H7 or 1450 for a 20 rigger? I like a prop with at least 47-50mm diameter?

Marty Davis

Dave Roach

Thanks Dave and congratulations on your big win in Twin Hydro at Atlanta.
That was Bryan Roach who won the twin shootout. B)

Hi AndyJust got back from the lake testing the new 38/57 4 blade on the sport 20 hydro and all I can say is what a fast prop.
Wow Dave! I like the "fast" report. How about handling, launch and so forth.

Can we hear more? :)
andy it was my pt sp20 boat with dave driving it with a cmb motor. I would like one of those 3857 for my self send mailing info and $amount. Thanks dick Stahl

Andy:
What have you got that is similar to the H7 or 1450 for a 20 rigger? I like a prop with at least 47-50mm diameter?

Marty Davis
Marty,

It's looking like the 4773A/3 blade has good potential for heat racing.

You may even like the 5083A/3. It's an easy launching prop and has good tip pitch for top end speed.

I'll been working on other 21 rigger props soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, Any word on those new scale props yet? I got some testing to do Saturday. I gotta find something to beat those guys in Evansville.
HOW about a new nut behind the wheel. :lol:
Hay! Thats un called for. Go back to your own thread. You just wait till Evansville! I'm gonna , I'm gonna beat that that timex. I put lead in those decals. :D

Back