What size rudder servo?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaso

Hi all..

Just wondering what size servo people are using in their .67 rigger's on the rudder?

I'm a newbie to this size boat and didn't want to go over kill as far as adding weight I don't need and also want to make sure I have enough to do the job still for oval / heat racing trim.

I've got a.90 boat with a 1/4 scale for the steering duties on that, and my other current boat is a .21 rigger.

What's the best brand / size and general thought's on required torque from your steer servo ??

Jason.

I've always had a general rule with my riggers, over .45 gets a hi output 1/4 scale. The weight difference isn't as much as you might think & the big plus you gain is not so much the torque but the greater strength of the bigger gear set in the 1/4 size casing. :)

Don Ferrette said:
I've always had a general rule with my riggers, over .45 gets a hi output 1/4 scale. The weight difference isn't as much as you might think & the big plus you gain is not so much the torque but the greater strength of the bigger gear set in the 1/4 size casing.  :)
72975[/snapback]

I agree with Don. I have always used a 1/4 scale servo for steering in my 60 rigger (and my 90 as well). Futaba or Hitec are fine.

Thanks Guys . I guess I'll go with a 1/4 for the .67 boat.

I had no idea really and I hadn't really paid any attention to others .67 boats as far as radio gear is concerned.

Just have to wait for that Mac to turn up now.

Any one have any tips with a second hand .67 blue head to look out for or just the basics, - bearings and piston/ liner etc.

I plan on stripping it down and doing a good check over before running the boat.

Also the boat is only half built and I'm still trying to figure out a paint scheme for it and trying to get good with an airbrush before attacking it.

Thanks again,

Jason.

Latest posts

Back