What is considered the best GAS engine for mono hull racing?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to be the 99th opinion on here :)

you should get a VERY good price with the current exchange rate on an OMEN Race engine from Hobbysupplies.com.au

these engines have won ALOT in Australia for many years

I have several different mod zenoahs done by different builders
Rpm, suicidal, Hansen, gizmo, Josh tulson.
They all run well, if you follow the whole dyno rating thing you will see a lot of different numbers due to different dynos .
I would concentrate on prop, hull and hardware setup and practice driving around boeys.
I have beat other racers with an average power motor but had a lot of practice on setup

I am looking at the CC monster zenoah engine along with the Gizmo Motors GZR 30cc engine. I am new and not sure which is a better motor. Any first hand information would be appreciated. Thank you.
Its all about tuning and set up anyway,,,,,,,,prop,,pipe,,carb,, hull,,ect set up !!! Just buy from a reputable motor builder

when you port an engine you are mostly just moving the RPM up and torque down. Similar to pipe adjustment. yeah you get more HP because you get higher rev's, better flow, etc but really that is the difference; the torque curve. That is why most people are saying "Ive ran 5 different brands and they all perform pretty good" there really isnt a whole lot more you can do with a piston ported engine.

please correct me if Im wrong.

I have a whole series in high performance two stroke design. The article below explains the theory for Zenoahs and their clones.

Attachments

• Zenoah Modifications.pdf
    946.2 KB · Views: 0
when you port an engine you are mostly just moving the RPM up and torque down. Similar to pipe adjustment. yeah you get more HP because you get higher rev's, better flow, etc but really that is the difference; the torque curve. That is why most people are saying "Ive ran 5 different brands and they all perform pretty good" there really isnt a whole lot more you can do with a piston ported engine.

An engines power is determined by its displacement, rpm, and the pressure in the cylinder. Rules set the displacement so tuners try to increase the other factors. In two strokes especially, breathing limits rpm along with mechanical factors. Cylinder pressure is limited by scavenging. Huge improvements have been made in scavenging with port design and tuned pipes. This has allowed higher rpm. Together you get the change from the old G23 to today's four transfer Zenoahs.

Lohring Miller

An engines power is determined by its displacement, rpm, and the pressure in the cylinder. Rules set the displacement so tuners try to increase the other factors. In two strokes especially, breathing limits rpm along with mechanical factors. Cylinder pressure is limited by scavenging. Huge improvements have been made in scavenging with port design and tuned pipes. This has allowed higher rpm. Together you get the change from the old G23 to today's four transfer Zenoahs.

Lohring Miller
you are a treasure Lohring. I've read a ton of your very old posts on modelgasboats.com

Thanks. Someday the NAMBA web site promises to post all my older technical articles. For now almost every Propwash has one. Recently I've been concentrating on electric power, but there are tons of gas and nitro engine articles in the older issues.

Back