What hull is this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Walters

I'm thinking of buying this boat and wanted to know if any of you know about it by the look? Looks to me like the 94-95 U-50 tri cities or something close to that.. I noticed that it does not have the 2 wing design. were any of the boats that had this hull filled in 2nd wing and made into what is shown in the pictures.. if not how difficult would it be to open the 2nd wing hole in the rear section.. i think the hull number is 9031 or something like that.. any help is greatly appreciated..

Jim

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/363434503.html

I'm thinking of buying this boat and wanted to know if any of you know about it by the look? Looks to me like the 94-95 U-50 tri cities or something close to that.. I noticed that it does not have the 2 wing design. were any of the boats that had this hull filled in 2nd wing and made into what is shown in the pictures.. if not how difficult would it be to open the 2nd wing hole in the rear section.. i think the hull number is 9031 or something like that.. any help is greatly appreciated..Jim

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/363434503.html
That is a Dumas Circus hull that someone took "artistic liberties" on. :p

Jim, I'm building that boat for 08. Looks like the paint job went south. I believe all those Ron Jones boats were tri wing after the Circus. Here's a shot of the Pit Stop. Ray

The Pit Stop tri-wing was a Circus but not that Circus that is pictured. The Dumas Circus is kind of a hybrid of the #8401 and #8700 hulls. The Pit Stop was the #9031 1990 tri wing Circus. It was about a foot and a half longer than the the other two boats. Both of the other two started as a Lucero design. The #8700 got Jones Sponsons in 1989. The #8401 got them in 1990.

The Dumas hull will not make the multi-wing boats without more length. Minimum for those is 47" the Dumas is no where near that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if that is the case would this hull be able to make any of the 8401 or 8700 boats? if not what would it take to do that?

It depends on which you want to make. If you want to the the #8700 1989 Circus you would have to radius the sponsons to make them look more scale to that boat. If you wanted to the #8401 from 1989 you would have to remove the canoe extension at the transom. The #8401 boats never had an inset transom it was always flat. Obviously there are cowl and canopy changes that you could do to make a few of the others.

Jim; That pretty much looks like a bone stock Dumas kit. I have one of these boats that I kit bashed into a sport 60 for namba but is not scale in any way. I made alot of changes to the sponsons and such. If you would like to take a look let me know I live in Marysviulle. The big problem with this hull is its just too narrow and top heavy when built to plan. Send me a pm if you like but I won't get back for a while, I'm heading to the nats. on the 4th. Greg

Back