what do you guy's do with your burned up glow plugs?????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camaroboy383

im basicaly seeing how many people throw out there glow plugs????? or keep them for that matter???

alden

im basicaly seeing how many people throw out there glow plugs????? or keep them for that matter???

alden
I throw away a lot, but from one I made adapter to compression tester. BorisI was not careful. I mention about spark plugs. From dead glow plugs I made several fittings to flush nitro engines like gift for friends. Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

alden
I throw away a lot, but from one I made adapter to compression tester. Boris

boris,,, thanks for your reply,,, im actually thinking of making oil out tools out of them,,, if you could instead of throwing them out,, could you throw them in a baggy or somthing and let me know when you have like 5 or more,,, and ill pay you for shipping them to me...

im just trying to get a feel of how many get thrown out... possibly could be recycling them...

alden
Old plugs also make a nice fitting to flush out fuel after a days run at the lake. Just drill a hole all the way through the plug, and silver solder a piece of K&S brass tubing to the plug. Hook a piece of fuel tubing to the protruding brass tube, and flush motor through the carb, while spinning motor with starter. Richard D

alden
Old plugs also make a nice fitting to flush out fuel after a days run at the lake. Just drill a hole all the way through the plug, and silver solder a piece of K&S brass tubing to the plug. Hook a piece of fuel tubing to the protruding brass tube, and flush motor through the carb, while spinning motor with starter. Richard D

this is exactly what im looking to do... i was actually gonna drill and tap the center of the plug and put a pressure fitting in it... but the brass tubing is a good idea also... im looking to grab as many dead plugs as possible...

alden

this is exactly what im looking to do... i was actually gonna drill and tap the center of the plug and put a pressure fitting in it... but the brass tubing is a good idea also... im looking to grab as many dead plugs as possible...
well at thr eend of this year when my .12 rigger eats all i got.. like 150 of em.. i wil send them to you if you want them..lol just let me know alden.

terry

alden

well at thr eend of this year when my .12 rigger eats all i got.. like 150 of em.. i wil send them to you if you want them..lol just let me know alden.

terry

terry ill take all your engines can eat.... let me know when your ready,,, and im on it...

alden

Just wondering, how the hell do people go through so many? Are glow plugs not durable or something?

Just wondering, how the hell do people go through so many? Are glow plugs not durable or something?
When you push the limits of equipment, something will break. Better it be glow plugs than other, more expensive, parts. The little wire that's inside a glow plug doesn't seem to stand up to the high RPMs that the engines turn.

I also donate them to the pond gods, but have made quite a few oil out tools with them using the brass tubing as mentioned. Very easy to do! I know a few guys who toss them after every run, regardless if they are bad or not... Too rich for my blood, but to each his own.

~James

james,,, if you feel like setting them aside,,, ill pay you to ship them to me....

feeding them to the turtles,,,, now thats funny.... :lol: :lol: :lol: did you add that one to the turtle removal thread???... :lol: :lol: :lol:

alden

I've done the same thing with an old plug. After putting in the brass tube and adding some fuel ine ot it I added a clunk from the Sullivan tanks to help keep the line out of the way. You could probably get people to toss you some of those also.

Just about anyone running a competative 21 hydro should have a BUNCH for you :)

Sound like the voice of experience to me :blink: Too funny......

Yep turtle bait, I wonder how many of those suckers are at the bottom of the Brandon pond, lord knows I have contributed more than my share :rolleyes: Otto loves it.

Andy

Alden,

Just how many "Oilout's" do you need???

If you are thinking of selling them, it would be much better to have your local screw machine shop spin off a bunch.

Alden,
Just how many "Oilout's" do you need???

If you are thinking of selling them, it would be much better to have your local screw machine shop spin off a bunch.

well first i was going to offer them to intlwaters members for dirt cheap,,, anyone i got plugs from would get one for free just pay postage,,,if interested obviously...im just trying to consume my free time...being a father with a young child i spend much time doing nothing while my daughter naps...when im not working that is....

alden

Back