Western Australian Model Boaters

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick J

Evening all,

At present I am in the process of gauging interest of model boaters within WA (no matter what you run). There are a dedicated few over this side of the pond that are actively persuing to promote the sport/hobby, not solely one aspect/class as is presently the case over here on this side of the desert (albeit unfortunate).

Several of us are currently looking into getting a new affiliated club up and running with a long term view of racing as well as general sport running that caters for all boaters. As such I am seeking expressions of interest from all interested parties willing to participate.

It will no doubt take some time to nut out and organise to an operable state, but I strongly believe it will be for the betterment of the boating scene in Western Australia in the long term. We need to promote/encourage new members to the sport for growth and to also ensure there is an active boating future.

We shouldn't be turning members away because they run a different class, we should be fostering growth no matter what the individual chooses to run, after all, it is the individuals choice as to run what they wish to run.

For non W.A. boaters, please feel free to shoot me a PM/email/phone calls etc with ideas as I would like to get this right from the outset. Also, if you wouldn't mind spreading the word to any W.A. guys that you may have had contact with over the years, it would be appreciated as I may unfortunately miss some along the way.

In summation, we need fresh creative input/ideas from open minds to turn this from pipe dream to reality, and finally get racing action happening in W.A.

All input & assistance welcome

Johno

0418 242 845

[email protected]

Michael Johnson (Johno)

AMPBA #439

Perth, Western Australia

Back