WCRA Race #1 Hosted By: Gulf Coast RC Boat Club

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Whitney

Gulf Coast RC Boat Club is proud to host the 1st race in the WCRA race series for 2011.

The race that will be held on March 6, 2011 at our racesite.

Our club will be providing FREE pizza to all attending !!!

Online Race Entries only @

http://www.rcracingevents.com

Lets make this a great year for this 1 day race series.

Any questions visit the website @ www.wcrafl.com

Bummer Tom....with as many boats you run, I will have to remember to ask about your schedule...It costs us way to much money you not being there :D

Just kidding, we will miss you...Enjoy Mexico.

I'll be on my way back from Cozumel ...have fun !! Wish I could be there but the wife has control that weekend ! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike , are you willing to add Mod VP if we can rally the troops. Im pretty sure 5 + won't be a problem.

Maybe we can make up for Foley's lack of attendance
wink.gif

I will be working out of state, and its gonna be real close to our return, but even without me, 5 boats + shouldn't be an issue.

Andy

You know me, I will always add a class if there is interest...I really need 5 boats to make the class though...so get to work Andy.

Mike , are you willing to add Mod VP if we can rally the troops. Im pretty sure 5 + won't be a problem.

Maybe we can make up for Foley's lack of attendance
wink.gif

I will be working out of state, and its gonna be real close to our return, but even without me, 5 boats + shouldn't be an issue.

Andy

I don't see an issue with enough Mod-Vps if the Longobard boats make it. What I don't get is in trying to start a new class we make them bring 5 and an older class that is struggling to stay alive can run with 3 boats. Just make it 3,4 or 5 and be done with it across the board. One consistent rule for all classes.

Mic

Okay...let's look at this...3 boats = $30 (entry fees) -$15 (awards) = $15...what should we do...3 boats min. to make the class....5 boats to get awards (cheapest awards I have found that are useable, are our custom keychains $15 per class) or award for 1st only or NO awards, except end of year...I am open to ideas.

I don't see an issue with enough Mod-Vps if the Longobard boats make it. What I don't get is in trying to start a new class we make them bring 5 and an older class that is struggling to stay alive can run with 3 boats. Just make it 3,4 or 5 and be done with it across the board. One consistent rule for all classes.

Mic

Okay...let's look at this...3 boats = $30 (entry fees) -$15 (awards) = $15...what should we do...3 boats min. to make the class....5 boats to get awards (cheapest awards I have found that are useable, are our custom keychains $15 per class) or award for 1st only or NO awards, except end of year...I am open to ideas.

Mic
Mike, quite frankly Im in it for the fun and spirit of the class- PERIOD. ( and I would think I speak for us all who run MODVP -We just want to race) .

You where on the CD stand at the last race we ran, and you can't deny the excitement in the class.

What your awards cost you is part of running an event, if you feel it takes 5 boats to make class AND be profitable to the club, so be it.

Let us race and you keep the awards.
blink.gif

Im pretty sure everyone involved in this class has enough wood laying around,

that a keychain isnt gonna make or break us.

We have a solid 4 boat commitment at this time.

Mic

Hearle

Shawn

and either myself

or Randy-

(If for some reason Im still in Louisiana )

Randy will run my boat.

Just let me know how you want me to enter it on RC Racing Events ?

Andy

Mike,

Don't take offense at all as I understand that awards cost clubs more than entries bear so keep them simple and inexpensive. Personally I expect little to no awards when were trying to push a class like Mod-VP. It would offend a lot of people but my vote is always a 5 boat minimum. I just hate to see one class held to standards others aren't. Put it on the entry form and well fill the bill.

Mic

Guys I'm just looking for ideas here, so far only 2 of you are saying NO awards...so that means we only have to consider the other 35+ people who race. 1) There are currently 22 classes available for a 1 day event...I think that's fair. 2) We would like to give awards...but if we get a consensus that nobody wants them...no problem. 3) We are buying pizza for everyone...just to say thanks for last year...eat and enjoy :) . 4) We are not just in this "for the money" so put that to rest now. :blink: 5) Last year we had 2 great and well attended races with alot of happy racers...that's what we want this year.

We will do everything we can to make our races the best they can be...we are very open minded and are always looking to improve. We hope everyone will come to support us and the sport and attend our race and keep the WCRA series strong. :)

Mod VP has been added to the entry. 3 boats to make the class.

If you are speaking about your yearly NAMBA membership, the answer is yes. But with that said, it's way easier to just fax them the registration with your CC #, Cathie will e-mail you back a verification that your membership has been renewed, I really won't have time to deal with it. You have plenty of time to get it mailed also. ;)

Hey Mike, can we sign up for namba at the race, thanks Shawn

The fax deal works really well. I had my hard card within 10 days. Looking froward to getting back on the clock and dustin off the rust.

Mic

95+ boats...great turnout...maybe a short shower (30% chance)..so be prepared...looking forward to some good racing. Lake opens @ 10:30am on Saturday, open water to follow 1-5.

The Gulf Coast RC Boat Club would like to thank all the racers who attended, raced and ate pizza, we enjoyed having you there...and even though it was windy for the nitro tunnels, I guess it was better than rain...we hope everyone enjoyed the racing.

Thanks to all the members that make it all possible. :)

Thanks to Ron Byrd and Andy Greene for stepping in on a few heats to CD, I really needed the break. :)

Back