Water Pickup... at 90+ mph

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might not even need a turn fin. You would be surprized at how they turn slowed down. Something else to upset the boat.

Remember it will be only on 1 sponson. But come out to an event. Lots of fun. I wish we still held them here in the NW. But our pond got too small for the speeds that everyone is running nowadays. Was fun watching Jim Auguston with all the crazy stuff he use to bring out. Glenn Quarles was always going for the 21 hydro record. The good old days.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might not even need a turn fin. You would be surprized at how they turn slowed down. Something else to upset the boat.

Remember it will be only on 1 sponson. But come out to an event. Lots of fun. I wish we still held them here in the NW. But our pond got too small for the speeds that everyone is running nowadays. Was fun watching Jim Auguston with all the crazy stuff he use to bring out. Glenn Quarles was always going for the 21 hydro record. The good old days.
That might be something to try, although it seems risky, considering what would happen if I had little control of the boat

We didn't run a turn fin, but had the skeg on the outboard. After setting the record, we shortened it and the boat wouldn't run straight. Theres a fine line between lower drag and controlability. Cutting the rudder on our gas hydros resulted in big speed gains.

Lohring Miller

You mean like his 8lb "wonder boat" that either blew everyone away or blew over that was powered by engines that only lasted one heat due to how lean he ran them? Speaking of Jim, is he even still around? Haven't seen him in years

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back