Water pick ups

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrbmech

Today while I am milling a strut for my boat it dawned on me. Has anyone ever thought about or tried to put the water pickups on the strut instead of on the rudder. I know there will be applications it just wouldnt work for but I am sure there are some that it would work on?

Today while I am milling a strut for my boat it dawned on me. Has anyone ever thought about or tried to put the water pickups on the strut instead of on the rudder. I know there will be applications it just wouldnt work for but I am sure there are some that it would work on?
Dave, If your boats running right, it should be riding with almost half the prop out of the water. You would be sucking air. B) B) B)

Ballantine made a skegged strut that had the water pickup in the skeg. It worked well on cats.

How about a prop blast water pickup? You could still use a thin 7075 alum. rudder blade. Just a piece of brass tubing attached to the transom with a small alum. or carbon fibre angle-Octura? used to sell them years ago for about $4.00. Glenn

How about a prop blast water pickup? You could still use a thin 7075 alum. rudder blade. Just a piece of brass tubing attached to the transom with a small alum. or carbon fibre angle-Octura? used to sell them years ago for about $4.00. Glenn
This is a question for speed experts!

Did anybody compare different type of water pick up?

By the common sense: the equal amount of cooling water will create the equal drag?

Thanks. Boris

Back