water cooling question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rigger chaser

i have a os .46 vxm with the water cooled header.my rudder only has one pickup on it.can i use a tee to split water flow to head and header and than tee them together to exit through the only outlet on boat?or should i just get a dual rudder pickup?

why cant you just run it through the head into the header or vise versa? :unsure:

i run this setup on (head first then header unless the water is really cold, then i switch em) on my K&B 67 with no problems...

Last edited by a moderator:
why cant you just run it through the head into the header or vise versa? :unsure:

i run this setup on (head first then header unless the water is really cold, then i switch em) on my K&B 67 with no problems...
i was told that if i run it through the head than header or vise versa ,that i would be sending hot water to head or header..just going to take advice and do it the way you said.thanks

In hot weather, go to the head first. In cold weather, you might try the opposite. No need fora tee and lots of extra plumbing

What type of hull is it? I agree with Bob no tees at all but in a mono or cat you can use an auxiliary water pick up if you want.

Gill

Andy;

If your running hot, you have a problem!

There should be no need for two water pick ups, or the plumbing nightmare your talking about!

With tee's, if one gets plugged, it will still show water out the side of the boat, and if it happens to be the tee, going to the head that gets plugged, I don't think you would like the outcome.

Look for the problem, don't bandaid it

Rick

Sorry, I thought Andy was asking for the advise, I miss read the post

Rigger Chaser, same applies

Rick

Latest posts

Back