Vision 20 + OS motor set-up tips

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_Duggan

Anyone able to give me a few pointers on trim angle, prop height, CG with a stock OS motor (except head shim removed)?

Thanks in advance,

Tim.

COG 8" from transom

OS motor 40/53 sharpened/ balanced

Bottom of bullet even with bottom of sponson

.30- .70 degrees + on the cav. Plate.

TL

Spent all day trying to find a fast set-up with mod today and just can't get it to go the next level, figured I might put the OS on it next time out for a try.

I am at sea level here and that's the prop my OS loves on my Villain, more so than the 40x53/2.

Not telling my setup.

Vision will be heavier than your Villain mate, pretty sure anyway! so to me the 442 could be too much, but won't know till u give it a go, a!

Shaun told me 7.75" cog, 1/8" to bottom of bullet above sponson bottoms and no negative.

Pretty much what I'm running now with an Ozspec 40x53. Need a little less prop or more back cut to unload in the corners more though...

Shaun told me 7.75" cog, 1/8" to bottom of bullet above sponson bottoms and no negative.

Pretty much what I'm running now with an Ozspec 40x53. Need a little less prop or more back cut to unload in the corners more though...
That's pretty much where I had it today with the GO. Handled nice, just couldn't get any speed from it.

Yep. Irwin, SPP and gadjet. Tried different lengths too.Tried 3 carbs, and 3 motors and several props. The only thing I haven't tried is a different leg, fuel tank and needle valve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim, mine also liked the M440 with Mark S lynx cut to it. I'm running a motor done by Monger. With this combo I have had it two stage a few times. It's impressive. Don't be afraid to run the bottom of the bullet even or a hair below the bottom of the sponsons. Mic H. gave me that tip and it was great!

Thanks Tim,

I tried a Sholund Lynx cut M440 a few times today and did find I had to lower the motor to get better drive from it. I just can't get it to run higher than 48mph no matter what I try. My heavy old HTB290 runs 55mph all day long so it's frustrating me.

Tim, just to clarify, you are not flipping or crashing or anything....you just can't get enough speed from your mod motors?

If that's the case, maybe the Pony maker can help you out (Nova boy).

They are not inefficient boats (ie high drag) so not sure what else could be the issue.

You have done the reduced bowl volume thing on the nova?

Or maybe it's a dud cause it wasn't bought through me and doesn't have my secret touch, just look at Gino's ;)

Don't think the lower unit is an issue, could the tanks be partially blocked or something, even the needle?

Wish Shawn would pay me for this stuff...

Tim, just to clarify, you are not flipping or crashing or anything....you just can't get enough speed from your mod motors?

If that's the case, maybe the Pony maker can help you out (Nova boy).

They are not inefficient boats (ie high drag) so not sure what else could be the issue.

You have done the reduced bowl volume thing on the nova?
Not flipping, dunking etc.Reduced bowl volume, higher comp head etc tried. I don't think it's motor, had 3 on it all do the same.

Latest posts

Back