Twin limit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The displacement limit for F class in IMPBA is 1.83. They created a seperate twin class so people could run 101’s.
Twin class was created so it would be its own class. After it was an official class, I myself asked Mark Bullard who was very involved at the time (still is) to propose upping the displacement limit so you could run bigger engines. I said make it around 1.1 to cover what was available and Mark settled in at 1.25 to give it some room to grow. That’s discussing single engines which got the twin class up to 2.5 I believe ,I haven’t looked in awhile Jeff Lutz

Last edited:
Jeff is right. We build the twin class to be a class by itself. We left the motor size the same as F class on the get go. After we got the class I made another proposal to increase the engine size to 1.25 so the 101's could run. You can still run a twin in F class but it must be under 1.83. I do it all the time by running my twin in F and twin classes. As I run two 90 engines.

If you asking for F mono IMPBA class the Answer is NO. .91 x 2 is the limit. as for Rigger NAMBA Allows 101 x 2 in X hydro. IMPBA F Class & NAMBA X Class total limits are not the same.

If you asking for F mono IMPBA class the Answer is NO. .91 x 2 is the limit. as for Rigger NAMBA Allows 101 x 2 in X hydro. IMPBA F Class & NAMBA X Class total limits are not the same. for years I have ask why IMPBA F has Not been raised up.

Back