ts3 -6s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken turmon

Had my ts3 out today. Its set up for 6s with a 3659 1900kv motor and a tfl442 prop. Im testing on a pond that isnt quite big enough for a good long run and using old batteries that are not up to the task. I was still able to manage 50mph though. needs a wee bit more tweeking but with better batteries and more room 55 shouldnt be out of the question :D

What brand of motor are you running? 1900kv on 6S is more a SAW setup. Not saying it won't work but it really narrows your prop selection. A little off on pitch and or optimum diameter will cut efficiency greatly. That and height and trim will be critical.1400-1600 kv would broaden your prop selection and make setup easier. 120 ESC? Mic

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__19110__Turnigy_SK3_Fandrive_3659_1900kv_90mm_EDF_.html

Ya Its a high rpm set up for sure. I have been wanting to experiment for a while. The only prop i have that I would even attempt was the tfl back cut 442 (which was reduced to 40mm) It actually works quite well, these are awsome little motors. It comes back barely warm. But the set up does create some pretty heavy spikes so its pushing my esc and batteries to the limit. I just swapped it out for the scorpion 3226 1600kv which is much better suited for the esc and batteries im using.

Back