Top's 5 port update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been out of the hobby for quite a while. Anyone have a link to find more info on this engine and where to purchase it?
Thanks.
Blackout, welcome back! If you live in the US I am the distributor, if you live in Australia, Aaron is your man.

I have the info on the motors on my web site www.novarossi.us or you can go to the Novarossi website at www.novarossi.it.

The picture of the motors you will see have the SG style crank, but mine come with the full threaded crank and flywheel. The price is $215.

Thanks!

Glenn

I ran the new 5 port Top's engine last weekend. Was running it in my 21 Humming Bird hydro on 60% nitro, AB 1450, S-pipe and Orlic's new carb.
After serveral tanks of fuel for break-in, I let it eat. Every pass was between 75-78mph. The engine had excellent launch and throttle control. I removed the engine from the boat and put in one of my other 21 Novi-rossi so see what the speed difference would be. That engine ran 77-81mph.

The bottom line is, I thank its a hell of a good engine for $215.00.

Kentley Porter
Let face it, it's all in the carb KP.

I ran the new 5 port Top's engine last weekend. Was running it in my 21 Humming Bird hydro on 60% nitro, AB 1450, S-pipe and Orlic's new carb.
After serveral tanks of fuel for break-in, I let it eat. Every pass was between 75-78mph. The engine had excellent launch and throttle control. I removed the engine from the boat and put in one of my other 21 Novi-rossi so see what the speed difference would be. That engine ran 77-81mph.

Kentley Porter
thats why I'm getting another carb from Mr Orlic

Kentley Porter
thats why I'm getting another carb from Mr Orlic
OH! I thought someone was talking about a box stock 80 mph .21. :huh:

Franko'scarbs are one of the best i have seen or used, awesome all over,

regards Aaron

I just got 5 porter in the mail today. :D Whish I could try it out but it will have to wait until next year. Because it's hunting season now and after that the darn lakes will freeze up real soon.

Mark

Guys, I've just had a chance to measure the timing numbers...I am very happy! For some reason I thought it was going to be really consertive, but instead it is just about perfect for an out of the box motor.

Exhaust - 180.6*

Transfers - 126.5*

Blowdown - 27.1*

Crank opens - 215.9 ATDC

Crank closes - 55.45 ATDC

Total duration - 200*

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

regards Aaron

I just got 5 porter in the mail today. :D Whish I could try it out but it will have to wait until next year. Because it's hunting season now and after that the darn lakes will freeze up real soon.

Mark
Bring that motor over here... I'll have it all broke in when you get back from shootin' ducks!

Guys, I've just had a chance to measure the timing numbers...I am very happy! For some reason I thought it was going to be really consertive, but instead it is just about perfect for an out of the box motor.
Exhaust - 180.6*

Transfers - 126.5*

Blowdown - 27.1*

Crank opens - 215.9 ATDC

Crank closes - 55.45 ATDC

Total duration - 200*

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:

regards Aaron

Mark
Bring that motor over here... I'll have it all broke in when you get back from shootin' ducks!
Did you say broke in or broken so it will not whoop you next year? :p :D

Mark

regards Aaron

Mark
Did you say broke in or broken so it will not whoop you next year? :p :D

Mark
BRING IT ON! I ain't skeerd... When you can't catch my 35+ powered Supersport maybe you can run with the kids Mac powered Tuttle! :lol: :eek: :rolleyes:

Granted, Kentley is one of the best when it comes to extracting the most out of a 20 hydro, but the mere fact that he has taken a $200 motor and with the same mods as a much more expensive one gotten basically the same performance speaks volumes. We need more affordable top performing nitro motors just like this example that KP has put on the table and I think that is really the point he was trying to make. :)
What makes Kentley different from many others was that he has listened carefuly, always gave me feedback how changes affected performance. Sometimes engines went few times back and forth to get things right. Many guys thought he was getting some special engines from me but that is not the case just regular heat racing engines. It was easy to make angines to work for him as he did not try to impress me with BS, I knew he was using very good boat, prop, pipe and will follow my recommendations as far as engine break in and setup goes. He also made sure I know if engine was crap. I have modded over 400 Novarossi engines and I bet I haven't heard back from more than 5 people how engine is running.

It is great for boating that this engine runs well.

Back