This JR radio is BUNK!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Bought a brand new JR-X3 radio. I went to put it in my brand new Phil Thomas 82u55 hydro and hooked it all up. Every time I hit the throttle it would work both the third channel and the 2nd channel at the same time. Drove me nuts, I thought maybe the radio box wasn't fastened tight enough so I tightened even more. Nope kept doing it, tightened the linkage, nope that wasn't it. Finally I pulled all the servos out and hooked up only the throttle and the third needle and they operated every time I hit the gas. When I unhooked the throttle servo the third needle kept working. If I use the remote needle channel it won't operate the third cvhannel.

Any advice on this?????? :(

Did I maybe over ride one of the hundreds of features on this radio???

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the throttle and third channel mixed together in the radio programing? Do you have the instruction book?

Check to see if you can reset the transmitter's programming to the default settings for the model number. That should fix the problem, then reprogram it to suit the boat.

Do you have the R or S version? The 3rd channel is slower than Molasses in January for a remote needle. Yeah, a ton of features, most on mine I have no idea what they do. Sounds like a wiring problem somewhere in the TX or RX.

You have the mixing feature turned on, it should be off in the default position, Id reset the whole thing & start over, I've had 2 of them for a year & they are a pain to set up sometimes but the features are nice

Yeah Mike your right. I found the directions. Can you make that work with the directional??? I was thinking that if your boat leans out in a turn it would be cool if it would fatten the needle a little as your turning on the course. Probably more trouble than it would be worth to set up though.

Maybe the thread's title should be changed if it was a setting and not a fault.

Good point Tim!

Well, in case you wondered, I'm not good w/computers or digital things..........I found the directions after a long search and found it has a duel function to do what I thought was a bad transmitter or receiver. :p

Futaba, JR, Hi-Tec..........please bring me back the good old fashion knob adjustment radios like the Futaba Senior...... :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Back