the new Turnigy 2.4 gig radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joal Garner

hi all , has anyone used this or heard of how it goes with the model power boat hobby all in all /im thinking of buying one .

Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2)

Saw one at our pond a few weeks ago.. Kept running out of range.

Looks like they'd be good for a car to play with in your backyard but I'm not sure as a boat controller.

oh , hope I have better luck , did he have the receiver aerial out of the radio box in the boat ?

I run Futaba 2.4 all my anteneas are in the radio box i haveno problems i asked around on this radio it is made for cars not boats, so good luck if you are using it for a boat hate to see you lose a good boat.

thanks dude , will keep on asking people
Hi Joal,

There are a few 2.4 radio makes that are clearly not on the same level of technology as is FUTABA. I've run FUTABA FASST equipment for the last four years in all my heat racing boats, with the antena's inside the radio box at 90* to each other, and have not had one single glitch!!! This includes my gas rigger where the receiver is situated directly under the tuned pipe!!! (The only exclusion to this rule is in my carbon fiber 3.5cc OB F1 tunnel.)

OZBRYAN has given you the warning in his post above, so don't risk your boat with doubtful equipment.

Kind regards,

Wennie.

Back