The BEN HUR 11' 3'' by Hal Kelly

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the top is almost ready

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

Jan

rc1.gif

**** also a vintage o.s outboard cover. Marc and Jan you need to stop with your ideas.

ready to debut

DSC01134.jpg

the boat was ready to sail 1970g

with a 40 mm 2 blade propeller

Jan

rc1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That has got to be the coolest thing I have ever seen! I cannot believe no one really noticed the fuel tank...which is a cover for the esc! The motor detail is outrageous! Jan, you tha man! Mike

Thank you mike, i looked around on your site and i think that the things you make are awesome too and i like the laser cutter. normally i dont type a lot of english becouse i do it with google translate and that sucks but somethimes my sons have time to type some longer stories than i type normally. I looked around on the forum and there are many nice builders but even better projects.

Greetings, Jan

Boy does the Ben Hur bring back fond memories. I drove that boat for Hal when he first came out with it. I think that was in the late 50's. The cockpit in the boat was so long that I laid down in it. Thank you for putting this post on Intlwaters.com. It has made my day. Perry

Captwalter

Space Coast Rudder Busters

thank you Perry you have made my day. :rolleyes:

the first building kit is milled

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

the under side is closed

and is taped now

from the building board and I put it on the inside with epoxy

DSC01204.jpg