Texas SUPER RACE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
South Texas Racing Team

Presents The

Texas SUPER RACE

Open to all IMPBA and NAMBA racers

EVERY Nitro, Gas and Fast Electric class will be offered…If there are 3 boats in the same class we will race them!!!

Open Hydro, Mono, Cat, Sport Hydro and Twin (anything with 2 motors) will be offered to let nitro, gas & FE mix it up together!!!!

The Race is being held at World Famous Texas Ski Ranch (TSR) in New Braunfels TX. Bring the whole family because there is LOTS of cool stuff to do both at the lake and in town! Take a look at their web site www.texasskiranch.com

to get a better idea of what this AWESOME facility has to offer!

Coconutz, the on-site restaurant will have food and concessions at the race site and will be hosting the SUPER GOOD Saturday night party that will include the First Ever SUPER NIGHT RACE AROUND THE ISLAND! The festivities Saturday night will be definitely be one of the highlights of the Race!

We are limiting the number of entries to the first 200 boats and are planning to run 5 rounds. The rules we will be using are a combination of the common IMPBA rules used around the country mixed in with the NAMBA rules we like from our District 7 races. All safety and insurance rules will be by the IMPBA book. We will be using an audio clock, part course milling, DB meter (92 db limit), and a full class running schedule (all classes run each day).

Due to liquor licensing restrictions, TSR can not allow any coolers to be brought onto the race site. Beer and drinks can be purchased at the bar AFTER racing is done for the day. As always, NO LIQUOR will be allowed at the race site!

For questions call Glenn Quarles at (830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas SUPER RACE

WHEN: FEBUARY 9 & 10 2008

WHERE: Texas Ski Ranch, on I-35 in New Braunfels Texas

FEE: $20 First Boat, $10 Each Additional

CONTEST DIRECTOR: Glenn Quarles (830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271

CLASSES: Every Nitro, Gas and Fast Electric class PLUS Open hydro, mono, cat, sport hydro and twin (anything with two engines/motors) for the nitro, gas and FE to run together. It will take three boats to make a class (CD desecration). Note: every effort will be made to match the NAMBA entries into the correct IMPBA class…we WILL find a spot for each boat to race!

MEMBERSHIP: You must have a current IMPBA card or have a current NAMBA card and join with an IMPBA single event membership.

OPEN WATER: Friday afternoon ONLY after the course set-up is complete and all paperwork has been taken care of. We get don’t get the lake until 1:00 pm. and the Ski Ranch requires each boater to sign a waiver before they will be allowed to run.

SITE RULES: Drivers Meeting at 7:30 AM.

92 DB rule will be in effect.

Due to liquor licensing restrictions, TSR can not allow any coolers to be brought onto the race site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Due to us having to pay a large amount of money upfront for the use of the lake we need your pre-paid entries to be sent in as soon as possible.

NAME: ____________________________________ IMPBA _______ NAMBA ______

PHONE: ___________________________________

CLASS FREQ ALT FREQ

____________________________________________________________________ $20

____________________________________________________________________ $10

TOTAL $_________

Mail paid entries to Glenn Quarles, 380 Bear Ridge Dr, La Vernia, TX 78121

(830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271

Hey Glenn I put your information about the race in a Word document and will be emailing it to my club members. The wife and I plan to be there. Sounds like a fun time.

Allan

Allan, Thank you! I look forward to meeting both you and your wife.

Hey guys how about a wife's class? Kids class? We are all about getting folks to have fun with model boats!!!

Glenn

"Due to liquor licensing restrictions, TSR can not allow any coolers to be brought onto the race site"

Well that sucks. I crank thru a case of water at every race. Can't "cooler inspections" be done? :rolleyes:

Better idea- hot looking waitresses going "tent to tent" serving ice cold beverages throughout the weekend at greatly discounted prices! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don, if you brought in a cooler of water, I would not say a word.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bunch of good looking young women around serving food and drinks. TSR caters to a young and very energetic crowd (have you ever tried wake boarding, rock climbing, skateboarding, etc?) and there are young, in-shape, "cool boat Dude" types all over the place out there!!!

They are going to have two big BBQ pits going at the race site serving breakfast, lunch and snacks and will have a tent with a variety of cold and hot drinks. They are going all out to provide service and make this GREAT!

You gonna be able to make it? Let me know if you need any help on my end!

Glenn

Glenn,

Entry form and check has been sent. I am really looking forward to this event. Thanks for all the effort.

Cheers,

Will.

Glenn,

Entries on the way from the HOTMBC group! This race is fated to become the annual season opener and Daytona 500 of R/C Boat Racing! It'll be a thrill to participate in the inaugural event.

WooHooo!!!

Glenn,
Entries on the way from the HOTMBC group! This race is fated to become the annual season opener and Daytona 500 of R/C Boat Racing! It'll be a thrill to participate in the inaugural event.

WooHooo!!!
Jim, I think you are right, especially for the FE guys. With all of the PM's and emails I'm getting I really do think it will be the biggest FE race the south.

I started building the trophies today...I can't wait!

Glenn

Well guys, I have received paid entries for nitro, FE and gas boats! It's gonna be a HOOT! If you haven't sent your entry form in yet, please do so soon...I have a feeling we are going to hit the 200 boat cut off pretty easy.

Glenn

Friends, the arrangements for the race are all coming together and the entries are coming in steady, but slow (one a day). This is not really unexpected with Christmas right around the corner and lots of stuff folks need to do. I have heard from a ton of racers saying they are coming...just haven't got the entries yet.

A few of us ran boats at the Ski Ranch last Sunday and it looks like it is going to be really nice. The parking is also better than I remember from before. Should be plenty of room for the guys with the race trailers.

Bob Hartsock and I have started building the trophies (mesquite of course!), but we really need early entries to know how many to build!

Kids class anyone???

Glenn

Glen yo umight want to post your event on RC Universe and Rum runner racing forums. It might generate most interest and entries.
Thanks for the suggestions Bill! It is already on RR, but I hadn't thought about RCU. I will get John a copy of our flyer and see if we can get it posted on the IMPBA web site.

Glenn

South Texas Racing TeamPresents The

Texas SUPER RACE

Open to all IMPBA and NAMBA racers

EVERY Nitro, Gas and Fast Electric class will be offered…If there are 3 boats in the same class we will race them!!!

Open Hydro, Mono, Cat, Sport Hydro and Twin (anything with 2 motors) will be offered to let nitro, gas & FE mix it up together!!!!

The Race is being held at World Famous Texas Ski Ranch (TSR) in New Braunfels TX. Bring the whole family because there is LOTS of cool stuff to do both at the lake and in town! Take a look at their web site www.texasskiranch.com

to get a better idea of what this AWESOME facility has to offer!

Coconutz, the on-site restaurant will have food and concessions at the race site and will be hosting the SUPER GOOD Saturday night party that will include the First Ever SUPER NIGHT RACE AROUND THE ISLAND! The festivities Saturday night will be definitely be one of the highlights of the Race!

We are limiting the number of entries to the first 200 boats and are planning to run 5 rounds. The rules we will be using are a combination of the common IMPBA rules used around the country mixed in with the NAMBA rules we like from our District 7 races. All safety and insurance rules will be by the IMPBA book. We will be using an audio clock, part course milling, DB meter (92 db limit), and a full class running schedule (all classes run each day).

Due to liquor licensing restrictions, TSR can not allow any coolers to be brought onto the race site. Beer and drinks can be purchased at the bar AFTER racing is done for the day. As always, NO LIQUOR will be allowed at the race site!

For questions call Glenn Quarles at (830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas SUPER RACE

WHEN: FEBUARY 9 & 10 2008

WHERE: Texas Ski Ranch, on I-35 in New Braunfels Texas

FEE: $20 First Boat, $10 Each Additional

CONTEST DIRECTOR: Glenn Quarles (830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271

CLASSES: Every Nitro, Gas and Fast Electric class PLUS Open hydro, mono, cat, sport hydro and twin (anything with two engines/motors) for the nitro, gas and FE to run together. It will take three boats to make a class (CD desecration). Note: every effort will be made to match the NAMBA entries into the correct IMPBA class…we WILL find a spot for each boat to race!

MEMBERSHIP: You must have a current IMPBA card or have a current NAMBA card and join with an IMPBA single event membership.

OPEN WATER: Friday afternoon ONLY after the course set-up is complete and all paperwork has been taken care of. We get don’t get the lake until 1:00 pm. and the Ski Ranch requires each boater to sign a waiver before they will be allowed to run.

SITE RULES: Drivers Meeting at 7:30 AM.

92 DB rule will be in effect.

Due to liquor licensing restrictions, TSR can not allow any coolers to be brought onto the race site

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: Due to us having to pay a large amount of money upfront for the use of the lake we need your pre-paid entries to be sent in as soon as possible.

NAME: ____________________________________ IMPBA _______ NAMBA ______

PHONE: ___________________________________

CLASS FREQ ALT FREQ

____________________________________________________________________ $20

TOTAL $_________

Mail paid entries to Glenn Quarles, 380 Bear Ridge Dr, La Vernia, TX 78121

(830) 779-1776 or (210) 392-2271
This looks like an awesome event. It's these type of venues that will help pull R/C boating from back road ponds to the front stage venues. I hope you get some help from the venue to promote to their existing database of visitors. This is the perfect crowd to promote the hobby to.

Maybe if your classes don't fill up to fast I can make it to this one. Looks like a high class event I would love to be a part of.

Good Job. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back