Swordfish 220 8awg battery connection

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

These are huge I can't see putting a Dean's battery connector on these 8awg wires is it possible? do I need to change the battery to a 6mm connector ? how do people hook this up lol. If I can stuff all this in my rigger it's going to FLY

Castle or Offshore Electrics Bullets. 5.5 's and 6's are okay if you are running a 2P set up. I like 8MM on 1P except for P-Limited where the 5.5's wll be fine. Much over 100 amp's you'll risk melting the deans. The bullets are easier to solder also.

What's your set up?

I have a 6500mah 70c 4s RcKing hard pack, with a Swordfish220 for a 2200kv leopard all going into a JAE21FE currently under construction 8mm bullets sound like the way to go, just never used them on a Battery Pack before, a little more caution is due I'm sure But there always is with a LIPO. The female connectors on the battery for safety reason's? and a little attention when hooking it up for polarity. That will work, I thought That's what I would have to do but wanted to check, Thanks! Mike

I do female on the positive batterylead and male on the negative. Also I highly suggest putting the proper colored shrink wrap on each connector. PM me your address and I'll send some vinyl caps to put over your bullets. Anything to prevent the contacts touching and shorting out. You can get the bullets and shrink wrap at www.offshoreelectrics.com If you go with 8's, get the Castle brand and not the OSE. I've had a few OSE ones that didnt match well. Never had a problem with their 5.5's. Let us know when you get everything and we'll give you some soldering tips for the bullets.

Back