Sure seems dead around here.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe sometime we can get the Mod Vp's together again Shane , Mark / Shaw and the rest that have one, It would be fun.  ;)

I've never competed a rc boat in competition at all but I've made my fair share of laps at the local ponds with a few friends and family. I have been to I believe 2 tunnel races in Charleston and I was all set up to run in the Tunnel Nats in Charleston in 2012 but chickened out before I registered. Me and a couple of friends are getting back into tunnels mainly because we all kept our boats but have recently realized how difficult it was to find a new 20 size hull. Ron Shaw has the lynx and taboo available and Mike Lusczc is backed up with the vision. That's about all that's available except for the PTI NX300/320 kit which would be time consuming to build but I might try it. Between the 3 of use we have an HTB 290, 3 cobras, 1 fiberglass sniper,  3 VS1/villains, 1 NX300, 1 leecraft, 3 topspeed 3s and a few more lesser known tunnels. So it's not like we have nothing to run..lol. Just maybe wanting something newer.  I only have a cobra. a VS1 and a couple of topspeed 3s.

I gotta TT on a top speed 3 I need to breath some new life in
chris the bx-r is the buggy motor tt made that are no longer available you should be able to convert any pull start buggy motor to fit on the tt lower , good luck finding a new tt pro outboard piston and sleeve. ask on here or on Facebook somebody might have some laying around not many people mess with them 

chris the bx-r is the buggy motor tt made that are no longer available you should be able to convert any pull start buggy motor to fit on the tt lower , good luck finding a new tt pro outboard piston and sleeve. ask on here or on Facebook somebody might have some laying around not many people mess with them 
Yeah I figured that out recently...I'm going to invest in a small lathe so I can make something work. I have 3 OS outboards one being Aircooled. I'm just playing around with the TT

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too bad the Thunder Tiger Outboard never caught on. The little crank in that engine was so small in diameter that you really couldn't do much with it to make it competitive. I always thought the lower unit was cool but the gears added a drag element that also made it hard to compete with engines that were just a flex shaft type drive. If you could get the right gears so that you could over drive a cut down 21 size prop with a 12 engine kind of like what David Hall did with his custom gear box would be cool. But the outboard 12 class hasn't done much more than show up and set a record here and there. I wish a new stock 21 outboard would hit the market that could compete with the O/S.

My buddy has a TT on a htb 290 that will scream. I'm not sure what did he did with the timing but I could barely keep up with him with my os/cobra.....I wasn't trying to derail y'all's conversion but it did seem dead in here..lol

Carl 

the early cranks were small they were 12mm the later ones are 13mm just like the OS takes the same bearings . I got a small crank one that will out mph the bigger crank same boat same prop

I've never competed a rc boat in competition at all but I've made my fair share of laps at the local ponds with a few friends and family. I have been to I believe 2 tunnel races in Charleston and I was all set up to run in the Tunnel Nats in Charleston in 2012 but chickened out before I registered. Me and a couple of friends are getting back into tunnels mainly because we all kept our boats but have recently realized how difficult it was to find a new 20 size hull. Ron Shaw has the lynx and taboo available and Mike Lusczc is backed up with the vision. That's about all that's available except for the PTI NX300/320 kit which would be time consuming to build but I might try it. Between the 3 of use we have an HTB 290, 3 cobras, 1 fiberglass sniper,  3 VS1/villains, 1 NX300, 1 leecraft, 3 topspeed 3s and a few more lesser known tunnels. So it's not like we have nothing to run..lol. Just maybe wanting something newer.  I only have a cobra. a VS1 and a couple of topspeed 3s.
Chris,

There is no lack of new tunnels. I have at least 10 each Lynx, Taboo, and Leecraft tunnels in stock at all times. There are also plenty of wooden kits from Vans Racing, Dragon, and Sniper tunnels available. More tunnels readily available today than there have been in many years, no shortage LOL. 

Carl 

the early cranks were small they were 12mm the later ones are 13mm just like the OS takes the same bearings . I got a small crank one that will out mph the bigger crank same boat same prop
I have heard that Thunder Tiger was completely out of the nitro engine business. I haven't looked into it to see if it was true or not but even when they were selling the outboard version I can't remember seeing but a hand full of them.   I guess the beauty of their geared lower unit was that they could use their standard car/plane rotation engine. 

I have heard that Thunder Tiger was completely out of the nitro engine business. I haven't looked into it to see if it was true or not but even when they were selling the outboard version I can't remember seeing but a hand full of them.   I guess the beauty of their geared lower unit was that they could use their standard car/plane rotation engine. 
found this a while back.....https://shop.thundertiger.com/collections/parts-accessories/rc-marine_engine......

© 2018 ThunderTiger

Chris,

There is no lack of new tunnels. I have at least 10 each Lynx, Taboo, and Leecraft tunnels in stock at all times. There are also plenty of wooden kits from Vans Racing, Dragon, and Sniper tunnels available. More tunnels readily available today than there have been in many years, no shortage LOL. 
yea I realize that now.....just haven't decided what I want yet,

Back