Summer Outboard Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyDuncan

Just wanting to get the word out. Rick Bearden, the SOWEGA Model Boaters and I have been working on an outboard race. The race will be June 14-15. It will be at Kem's Big Pond. We will be running a tri-oval. It should be a blast. All outboards nitro, gas, and electric classes will be offered. Rick has the race up on rcracingevents for entries. We hope to grow this into an annual event to complement the WTC/Tunnel Masters in Charleston and the Herb Stewart race in Brandon. If you have any questions PM me.

Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy,

Jay and I are hoping to make this race. Should be fun as a tri-oval is a great fit at that pond. As for FE I guess limiting to 6 laps on the longer tri-oval would prevent abusing equipment. Combining P & Q is a good idea to get more boats. I might suggest take it a step further and make Q boats run one more lap than P tunnels sort of a handicap event. Say 6 and 5 respectively. Allows a P spec to step up and have a chance. A Q is going to have a challenge lapping P boats to win.

We are in
default_cool.png

Mic, I hope you and Jay can make it. I like your idea of the Q boats running the extra lap.

Andy, We always look forward to running against you guys from Florida. Get'em all rounded up we will have a blast for sure!

Rally the Gas guys Matt- maybe Wayne and the Atwells will chime in to run too, not a long drive for those guys at all- put up a post on Jims
default_cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign up for the Summer Outboard Shootout has been great, so far. We would love to see more! It's gonna be a great race, with some nice plagues for 1-3 in each class. If you haven't go to rcracingevents.com check out the race flyer, and get signed up!

Got a sneak peak at those plaques - NICE looking stuff
default_cool.png

Im sure Jimmy will post up a pic when the time is right.

Andy

Latest posts

Back