Stu Barr 3rd channel needle valve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should mention that I made the hole a very close tolerance so hopefully water can't get in (I haven't run it yet). Since my carb on this 21 DD engine is up very high I think I can get away with a hole in the side and not have a water in the engine problem. If you have a carb near the floor of the boat, holes in the side could cause water problems. In that case it might be wise to mount it upright as shown in the earlier posts.

I should mention that I made the hole a very close tolerance so hopefully water can't get in (I haven't run it yet). Since my carb on this 21 DD engine is up very high I think I can get away with a hole in the side and not have a water in the engine problem. If you have a carb near the floor of the boat, holes in the side could cause water problems. In that case it might be wise to mount it upright as shown in the earlier posts.
that is a great setup, maybe just cut a small piece of silicon tube or an o ring and put it on the thread of the mixture knob that should block the hole enough to stop water?

I changed the placement of the needle valve. I love change! Thanks Bob!

IMG_0292.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed the placement of the needle valve. I love change! Thanks Bob!

Glad you like it. Better thank Joe at Zipp Kits. His latest manual for the 21GT has a photo of this setup in it. I liked how short the fuel lines are with this so I used the idea.

Thanks for the advise. Does the servo arm get set at the closed off position? Maybe I should wait and learn how to install it when boat season starts.
There 2 examples. That's where I put my needles
J, What's the purpose of the wire ties on carb bell mouths?
THY ARE CARB THROTTLE ARM STOPS.
Thanks, Dave...

Hmmm2.jpg

Back