Stryker 2 hydro set up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Glass

Hi I have a stryker 2 Hydro that I have had for a little while, when I brought it it didnt come with instruction for setup so I searched some fourms for engine placement and strut hight ect and I have my hull up and running now the question I have is, today I finally had the setup instructions sent to me and I noticed they suggest you place a ski 2'' wide 14" long 3/4" deep cut in a wedge then split 1'' to extend around the strut! has any one else done this?

troy,

check the projects forum on jrcbd.com and look for the long thread about a zippkit "rockett" rd nose being built by "matt" in australia, (i think ).

i think you'll find a comment somewhere in that long thread about possibly using a "stryker ski" on his boat. he mentions that he had seen such skis on stryker hydros in his area.

regarding the gen 2 stryker hydros i've seen at races here in michigan, usa, none had that "ski" that's mentioned in the gen 2 setup instructions you have. i think that would be considered a 4th ride surface by IMPBA. not sure about NAMBA.

i've also read comments on jrcbd.com about such "skis" being commonly used on the old stryker gen 1 hydro which was / is a known tail dragger that needs all the help it can get to raise the transom.

i think that the gen 2 will run fine if you mount the engine and radio box as far forward as possible. then it's prop and strut setup. i'm guessing that some weight in left sponson may also be needed and a good turn fin. probably similar to the "insane" gen 2 hydro setup.

look for "big b" racing on jrcbd.com i think he is a stryker dealer and knows best setup for these hulls.

good luck

troy,

just realized that you have your boat assembled and running so i'm wondering if you're having problems with lifting the transom to lower the bow at speed ?

as far as i know, that would be the purpose of that rear "ski".

try posting your request on jrcbd.com , lots of gas hydro experts there.

dave

troy,
just realized that you have your boat assembled and running so i'm wondering if you're having problems with lifting the transom to lower the bow at speed ?

as far as i know, that would be the purpose of that rear "ski".

try posting your request on jrcbd.com , lots of gas hydro experts there.

dave
The ski is illegal in IMPBA events.

Back