strange outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeRcBoats

Found these pictures in another topic. There are a lot of pictures of the Japanese boating scene and found this strange outboard :rolleyes:

CIMG2423-tunnel-UFO.jpg

CIMG2419-tunnel-UFO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very wild looking boat to have a Yellow TS3 in the shot just behind it. At least we know they also use normal boats as well, lol.

at least the boots match :lol: :lol: .looks like a k&b lower, who woulda thought i'd notice that? appears to have a fixed engine, with the rudder in back & a turn fin beside the engine. very strange rig indeed, would like to see some pics of it running.....

i take that fixed engine part back. looks like a link from the steering bellcrank to the engine. but, if you look closely, the link is to the left of the bellcrank pivot. that would turn the engine left & the rudder right at the same time ??? no skeg on the lower, what's the point of turning the engine - especially opposite from the rudder........unless maybe the rudder kicks the back around & the engine's prop thrust helps push the front over? i'm confused!!

Not just a K+B foot but the powerhead as well.. with a Tarno (or Kavan) carb!

The boots are killing me.. :lol:

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to believe this idea started as a converted boogie board.. wild to say the least.

Boots dont supprise me after all look at the double rudder boomerang he is holding! !! Would like to see some of theese designs run!!!!

Don't think it would be possible for the outboard boat to blowover. Might do a funky kinda sponson walk though!

Latest posts

Back