Steve Ball

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Steve,hope to see you make keep the speed alive in the hydros,you are the man! Keep them coming and live up the hall of fame title!!!!

Mr. Steve Ball,

I congratulate on your Acceptance to the Honor!! But I have a puzzeling question, Back in the early 70's I attended an Inboard race at Mission Bay in San Diego and I was fortunate to pit for a fellow named Steve Ball that had a rather EXTREME 225 Hydro!! Are you him?? He had a boat called the "Dragon Fly" and laid down in the boat with a motorcycle throttle grip rather than a squeeze throttle.. That Steve Ball was some kind of Engineer out of the L.A area I beleive and the boat was a rocket in the straight but didn't really turn well? I think he had the straight away record at the time with that boat.. Sorry to bother you with this but it just clicked the name with the boat that I have been wanting to build to be TOTALLY different!!

Later!!

Pat

Congrats Steve! I had the pleasure of meeting you a few years back at the Flint time trials. I learned quickly what a class act you are as you helped me, a total stranger, with my set up and gave me some great advice. Well deserved honor!

I have know Steve Ball and considered him a good friend for many, many years.

Steve’s knowledge, craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none in our sport and he has many, many awards to prove it.

Not only is Steve among the best modelers I have ever known, he is one of the premier ambassadors to our sport worldwide. At a race years ago he noticed a fellow competitor struggling with his equipment and offered to help, well, he ended up inviting that overseas modeler to spend summer’s in his home for many years. That’s just the kind of people Steve and his wife Karen are, they would literally give you the shirts off their backs.

I am extremely pleased that Steve has been inducted to the IMPBA Hall of Fame and could not think of a more fitting candidate.

Well deserved Steve-I always looked forward to talking and visiting with you at the races. I haven't been able to see you for many years but was very glad to see you and talk to you at the Internats. Congratulations!!

Congratulations Steve. We have been friends and competitors for a long time. I consider it an honor to have now made it into the IMPBA Hall of Fame at the same time with you. I was hoping to make it to Celina with the boys. However, some medical problems that need to be taken care of will hold me back. Hope to see you at the Spencer Park race this year. Jerry Betke

Back