Steering servo set up for 12 cell tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

Hi im setting up a Stark 12 cell tunnel . I have a Futaba S3305 metal gear 100 oz torque servo . Do i require dual push pull steering? I was thinking about using the Sullivan nyrod system as there is no room to set up a Dubro 4-40 pull pull cable with the Hangar 9 medium wheel system or can i just use single steering with a solid 4-40 pushrod ?

Im not a "FE" tunnel expert, but I do know tunnels, and a Tunnel is a Tunnel, no matter what kind of power it has. You definately want to run a dual rod setup or pull/pull. One rod will not cut it.

The servo you have is plenty, I run either a S9303 or a S9402, both are very similar to yours.

he is a picture of my FE tunnel for reference.

OERFETunnel13.jpg

~James

hey Cleggy,

So you are still planning on taking the FE Tunnel? I am unsure purely because you and i are the only entrants and its getting close...

Kris, I am definately bringing the tunnel. Even if the class doesnt materialize, I will try to make a few shake down runs to show these guys that electric aint slow by any means...

~James

Hi im setting up a Stark 12 cell tunnel . I have a Futaba S3305 metal gear 100 oz torque servo . Do i require dual push pull steering? I was thinking about using the Sullivan nyrod system as there is no room to set up a Dubro 4-40 pull pull cable with the Hangar 9 medium wheel system or can i just use single steering with a solid 4-40 pushrod ?
never tried single push rod but the way i see it will work, the only thing is there's a possibility the rod will bend,, if u want to make the rod sturdy try to slip the whole lenght into a carbon fiber tube.

by the way, what's the weight of the boat with 12 cell? just curious.

Back