Steering Servo Advice - Twin K&B 13.3CC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilSharman

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble trying to figure out the power I need to steer twin K&B .82's.

I originally thought of having two 1/4 scale digital HITEC servo's, one with a cable to the outer edge of the 1st motor, and the second with a cable to the outer edge of the second motor. I have a futaba 3PK so I will be able to use two channels for the steering so they are completely in tune with eachother.

But is this overkill? They are pretty light, total weight with pipes is still lighter than a zenoah on a lawless leg.

It would be much easier if I used only one servo.

I have a ball link joining the two motors , situated on top of the cavatation plate.

Any advice appreciated.

Neil.

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble trying to figure out the power I need to steer twin K&B .82's.

I originally thought of having two 1/4 scale digital HITEC servo's, one with a cable to the outer edge of the 1st motor, and the second with a cable to the outer edge of the second motor. I have a futaba 3PK so I will be able to use two channels for the steering so they are completely in tune with eachother.

But is this overkill? They are pretty light, total weight with pipes is still lighter than a zenoah on a lawless leg.

It would be much easier if I used only one servo.

I have a ball link joining the two motors , situated on top of the cavatation plate.

Any advice appreciated.

Neil.
Try a single Hitec 805MG. It is a little larger than a normal quarter-scale servo. It is very powerful and very well built.

Yuo could also look at some of the hitec hitorque digital servos, most are standard size and can have over 400 oz of torque at 6v. some even handle 7.2v

Latest posts

Back