Start thinking about it .......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

We got the ball rolling around the first week of December last year for the Christmas Giveaway , and I was thinking somewhere along that same time frame for this year.

Everyone played nice last year and I would like to see this grow even bigger this year.

For those that dont know about the Christmas Giveaway , Here's the deal.

If you have something laying around that your not using and can live without, post it on the thread and the first person that "can use it and put it to good use" and says they want it- gets it.

Hopefully (like last year) that person will also respond and give something- and so on.

Details will follow as we get closer to the 1st of Dec.

Just kinda wanting to plant a seed so you can start digging through your old stuff and make someone smile for the Holidays.

I have a decent one to start this year off with already ;)

And a lot of guys stepped up big last year, lets keep it going this year.

IMHO we are one heck of a strong knit group- lets show it again B)

Maybe Tom can pin this for a few ??

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
The other rule is.... you may not accept a gift and then sell it on ebay (or anywhere for that matter).

Ive got one thing to give for sure.......im pretty sure i can come up with something else........HO HO HO ! :) We need a smiley face with a Santa hat!

The other rule is.... you may not accept a gift and then sell it on ebay (or anywhere for that matter).
Good call Tom, the only problem is how do you enforce it? Ulterior motives were not discovered in several cases until after the fact last year so do you suspend those that violate the sell rule or what?

Not overstepping Tom, but we need to act like gentlemen and ladies. Period.

If you can receive something gifted to you and sell it with a clear head, well :rolleyes:

YOU SUCK !!!!!!!

I have been fortunate enough to have been given boats/parts , and even when times got unreal hard-

You cant sell a boats/parts gifted to you and sleep well. :rolleyes:

Not overstepping Tom, but we need to act like gentlemen and ladies. Period.

If you can receive something gifted to you and sell it with a clear head, well :rolleyes:

YOU SUCK !!!!!!!

I have been fortunate enough to have been given boats/parts , and even when times got unreal hard-

You cant sell a boats/parts gifted to you and sleep well. :rolleyes:
You'll get no arguments from me on this one. Was just curious as there were a few things I'd have liked to have gotten last year and let go only to see some that might have been for sale later :(

awsome topic andy...i had a blast last year...its truly a cool thing...good thinkin my friend...

cant wait...

alden

i've already got a few things set aside with the give away in mind ;) . as for the folks that sold their items last year, most of us know who the are, just don't respond/give them anything this year. that's what santa would do........

I've got a lot of things that I could let go of for free but don't talk to my wife or my workshop would be empty!

The only thing that I saw last year was that a few people got greedy and wanted to grab up just about everything that was offered. I'm not saying that there should be a limit but I wouldn't like to see too much stuff go to one person.

Yes, I have seen in the past where the situation was supposed to be a young kid wanting to get into RC boats badly but was bucks down. People donated a lot of thing to this "kid". A lot of what he got was later put up for bid on eBay. Turns out that he wasn't a kid after all. That left a sour taste in the mouths of members of various sites who sent him items not only for free but took care of the shipping also.

Most of us know each other pretty well by now so I really don't see this happening.

What I've got myself that I could donate might be enough to make a complete RTR boat for some kid whose parents are having a hard time right now. The problem is that some of those that would be derserving may not really want to come forward. I've been through good times and bad so I've been there more than once.

I've got a lot of things that I could let go of for free but don't talk to my wife or my workshop would be empty!

The only thing that I saw last year was that a few people got greedy and wanted to grab up just about everything that was offered. I'm not saying that there should be a limit but I wouldn't like to see too much stuff go to one person.

Yes, I have seen in the past where the situation was supposed to be a young kid wanting to get into RC boats badly but was bucks down. People donated a lot of thing to this "kid". A lot of what he got was later put up for bid on eBay. Turns out that he wasn't a kid after all. That left a sour taste in the mouths of members of various sites who sent him items not only for free but took care of the shipping also.

Most of us know each other pretty well by now so I really don't see this happening.

What I've got myself that I could donate might be enough to make a complete RTR boat for some kid whose parents are having a hard time right now. The problem is that some of those that would be derserving may not really want to come forward. I've been through good times and bad so I've been there more than once.
one of the people that scarfed up a lot of items is one of the ones that sold them :angry: . i also threw in some extras with a motor i gifted him, in trade for something in return. i never saw that, either...........

This may be a little O/T.....but not really....hope i dont get into trouble....BUT, i think that the Christmas give away is just GREAT! I dont think i managed to grab a single thing last year and i still had a BALL just giving away the few things that i did...i just wanted to use this topic to make us aware of the possibility that many people from all walks of life may well experience the worst holidays of thier lives.....just in the county that i live in, the need for food donations increased from 500 families to 1000 families..yep, it doubled....so, im asking those who have the means to help those less fortunate to please do so, because man, its bad all over!....i feel very blessed in that there has always been a Thanksgiving and a Christmas for myself, my wife, my kids, and my Grandkids and it just kinda rips at my heart to think about those that will not...sometimes the greatest joy there is during the holiday season is the act of giving to a perfect stranger or strangers who truely need help.....im done....God Bless! :)

I agree with you Tom.. I saw some that endded up on ebay and for sale on other R/C boat websites.. I still have what I got last year and gave some to acouple of friends that are starting R/C boating...going to give back acouple of idems on the christmas thread this year do to changing/going a different route. Moparbarn I bet I know the person your talking about and I'm not very happy about that person neighter. He got a motor that I'd wanted cheap and it ended up on ebay aweek later!!! :angry: Drew2 you beat me to doing the christmas thread. I was going to post it closer to thanksgiving.

I love the idea of this thread , it brings out the good in people and we need more of that in this world.

I plan on gifting a couple things this year and if the person that recieves them decides they need to sell them I am okay with that , maybe they need the money for more important things .

And if that little bit helps this person out then this thread has achieved exactly what it was intended to in the first place.

Tim k

I love the idea of this thread , it brings out the good in people and we need more of that in this world.

I plan on gifting a couple things this year and if the person that recieves them decides they need to sell them I am okay with that , maybe they need the money for more important things .

And if that little bit helps this person out then this thread has achieved exactly what it was intended to in the first place.

Tim k
not to me. if they dont need it then place it back on here or give it to sombody else that can use it.. ,yes and some of us are hurting to do to the economy. This thread is help help guys and girls that cant afford parts to there boats. I'd wished this was like this all year long... wished we had a trade and give away thread...hey its just an idea..

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

I'm thinking starting around the first week of December , that way maybe Santa gets ya a little something before Christmas. ;)

Nessa I actually stole the idea from Jims last year and Tom gave it his blessing here, it went well enough last year and Tom was gracious enough to let us do it again this year.

Thank you BTW Tom :)

All I can ask is you guys and gals play nice, only take what YOU REALLY NEED / pay shipping if needed ect .

You need not gift something back, but someone ALWAYS has something they dont use that someone else may need, no matter how big or small.

Bill, It would be cool if maybe we could get some sort of food drive going , that maybe local clubs banned together and we all donate to a common National charity as a whole ?? :unsure:

You missed some GREAT times this weekend btw , looking forward to seeing you at the STORM final race.

Andy

This may be a little O/T.....but not really....hope i dont get into trouble....BUT, i think that the Christmas give away is just GREAT! I dont think i managed to grab a single thing last year and i still had a BALL just giving away the few things that i did...i just wanted to use this topic to make us aware of the possibility that many people from all walks of life may well experience the worst holidays of thier lives.....just in the county that i live in, the need for food donations increased from 500 families to 1000 families..yep, it doubled....so, im asking those who have the means to help those less fortunate to please do so, because man, its bad all over!....i feel very blessed in that there has always been a Thanksgiving and a Christmas for myself, my wife, my kids, and my Grandkids and it just kinda rips at my heart to think about those will not...sometimes the greatest joy there is during the holiday season is the act of giving to a perfect stranger or strangers who truely need help.....im done....God Bless! :)
Bill, You hit the nail on the head again! Christmas is about giving to those who are not as fortunate as the rest of us.

Glenn

This may be a little O/T.....but not really....hope i dont get into trouble....BUT, i think that the Christmas give away is just GREAT! I dont think i managed to grab a single thing last year and i still had a BALL just giving away the few things that i did...i just wanted to use this topic to make us aware of the possibility that many people from all walks of life may well experience the worst holidays of thier lives.....just in the county that i live in, the need for food donations increased from 500 families to 1000 families..yep, it doubled....so, im asking those who have the means to help those less fortunate to please do so, because man, its bad all over!....i feel very blessed in that there has always been a Thanksgiving and a Christmas for myself, my wife, my kids, and my Grandkids and it just kinda rips at my heart to think about those will not...sometimes the greatest joy there is during the holiday season is the act of giving to a perfect stranger or strangers who truely need help.....im done....God Bless! :)
Bill, You hit the nail on the head again! Christmas is about giving to those who are not as fortunate as the rest of us.

Glenn
Thanks Glenn, but i WILL admit that its STILL alot of fun when the OLDER kids get a coupla TOYS to play with under the ol Christmas tree! :D :D

Back