Standard servos with new radios

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulOtto

I have been out of boats for 10+ years and am getting back in with a couple new builds and tuning up some older boats. Planning to go with a new Futaba 3 ch radio. Will standard (non-digital) servos work with the new receivers? Have seen some conflicting info on this and would appreciate the straight story.

Thanks

Paul Otto

They will work but must be set to PPM mode. HRS mode is for use with digital servos only. Every new model you set up will need to be set to PPM mode if using any combination of dig/analog or all analog servos. If you go on the futaba site you can download the manuals. It is usually one of the first settings in the menu on the radio.

They will work but must be set to PPM mode. HRS mode is for use with digital servos only. Every new model you set up will need to be set to PPM mode if using any combination of dig/analog or all analog servos. If you go on the futaba site you can download the manuals. It is usually one of the first settings in the menu on the radio.

To take Mark's post one step further, to use any mode other than PPM will damage analog servos.

Since you are looking at a new radio, have you figured out which one yet? The radio you choose will determine how it needs to be set up as they are not all alike

Its a good little system..

What power system will you be using on your boats? Nitro? Gas? If so please consider the 3PMX or 4PX.. all the futaba systems will work fine but I find the plastic of the two I have pointed out to be better in harsh environments.

Grim

I have the 3PV and I really like it. It is smaller and very lightweight. Gives you receiver voltage on the screen. I put a 1900 LIFE battery in it.

Back