Squish / Head clearance gauge

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Alright guys, I have made a few of these now, and feel I have them the way I want them. I will be MAKING THEM PER ORDER. Please allow a week for shipment. Price is 55.00 shipped (for dial gauge) USPS priority in the lower 48. 70.00 shipped (for digital gauge) in the lower 48. I had to raise the shipping cost just a little since I cant fit them in a flat rate box without disassembling the gauge. I would rather ship them in the dial indicator boxes, which costs roughly 5.00 more.

Here is how to use it:

---THUMB SCREW ORIENTATION IS CRITICAL (to the right hand side)----

1. Remove water jacket and head from motor

2. Screw gauge assembly into the glow plug hole

3. Push the head button down onto a flat surface and zero the gauge dial (squish face setting flat on the surface)

4. Re-assemble the head button back onto the motor (prefer to do it without removing the gauge)

5. turn motor over to TDC and the gauge tells you the squish/head clearance. (ie: difference between zero and whats now showing on the gauge is the clearance)

Last edited by a moderator:
My Aussie friends, I will try and get your digital units made up tonight and in the mail. Paul, dial gauges are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. So I will get on yours as soon as they arrive.

Currently have material and gauges on order. Will update this thread when they arrive, then will get to Nitro's order. Everyone else has either gone out already, or will go out tomorrow. Thanks guys!!!

within .001. Its as accurate as the user makes it. I can tell you from experience that I did a motor that I thought was at .013 via the solder test, and with the gauge its actually at .009. I would believe the gauge over the solder. Solder is smashing, and creating force on the side of the piston, so its more likely to give in inaccurate reading. So take that for whats its worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has ordered so far. These are selling quite abit faster then I had expected! Already into the second material/gauge order!

Latest posts

Back