SPP carbon pipes

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between the NR and the RS pipes?
The RS pipe design is larger and longer, compared to the NR pipe both run as short as they can go an a 180 header the RS pipe has more torque and less revs, but not by heaps. Both are more powerful than the TD21 pipe IMHO.

Ian.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RS pipe design is larger and longer, compared to the NR pipe both run as short as they can go an a 180 header the RS pipe has more torque and less revs, but not by heaps. Both are more powerful than the TD21 pipe IMHO.

Ian.
Thanks Ian!

i will be catching up with you in the next few days, We have a busy week to sort out the shop before Ryan leaves to go and work at Heavy Auto as an apprentice! so Im doing overtime this week!

Dave

Anyone know what the bolt pattern is on the REK carbon legs? I need to get some PTO bits made and dont know what the bolt pattern is?

Dave

K&B dave same as Lawless ( i know you had one in the past)

Greg
Thanks Greg

ordering the nova conversions now! i have a new HTB290 with two novas on the back! Now just chasing carbs ( mac or CMB)

and then the build starts!

The Nova carbs have too much stuff hangin off them and I cant get the engines to sit close together.

Then I need some pipes! custom ones I think!

Dave

Ian.
Thanks Ian!

i will be catching up with you in the next few days, We have a busy week to sort out the shop before Ryan leaves to go and work at Heavy Auto as an apprentice! so Im doing overtime this week!

Dave
Dave,

Call me when you get time, we have a fair bit of catching up to do!! B) I have a CMB black carb too.

Ian.

K&B dave same as Lawless ( i know you had one in the past)

Greg
Thanks Greg

ordering the nova conversions now! i have a new HTB290 with two novas on the back! Now just chasing carbs ( mac or CMB)

and then the build starts!

The Nova carbs have too much stuff hangin off them and I cant get the engines to sit close together.

Then I need some pipes! custom ones I think!

Dave
Mr Dave,

Chop the remote needle valve off the NR carb and block the hole,then chop off the low end needle, and half of the spraybar. Makes them much more compact. I have 2 of them set up like that and it works fine. Still too wide? make a new throttle arm closer to the body like the MAC / CMB carbs. LMK if you need pics and I'll take some for you.

mate your crazy 1 nova on a 290 is going to do 70mph setup right
I really doubt that! Spent sunday just gone tweaking a buddies nova powered 290 and it was on the ragged edge @ way below 70! It was doing over 50 on the gun though ;) .

The big question is will it still float level with the weight of twins on the back?

2 Nova's on one HTB 290 ??

that boat is to small for that :D :D

CRAZY? YEP!

The twin setup is for some speed tests. It will spend most of its time as a single. i have considered a HTB340.

Ive never been known for doing things in a normal fashion. Motor setback will be a fair way back.

Time to make the motor mounts.

Dave

2 Nova's on one HTB 290 ??

that boat is to small for that :D :D

CRAZY? YEP!

The twin setup is for some speed tests. It will spend most of its time as a single. i have considered a HTB340.

Ive never been known for doing things in a normal fashion. Motor setback will be a fair way back.

Time to make the motor mounts.

Dave

Never doing things in a normal fashion......I resemble that remark :D

That other crazy one,

Gene ;)

Hey Ian!

Still repitch'n props and welding pistons with that rigger of yours? :p

I really doubt that! Spent sunday just gone tweaking a buddies nova powered 290 and it was on the ragged edge @ way below 70! It was doing over 50 on the gun though ;) .

The big question is will it still float level with the weight of twins on the back?
Well Maybe Not 70 lol but 55 - 60 is possible

Dave if your serious the Orlic Carbs are small in width but thats another $$$$$

I can Measure it up tonight

im waiting for my new Zoom to arrive to measure it up but the

older one i have is quite wide

Greg
Yeah the new zooms are still pretty chunky Greg.. Nice build but.

dave, are there different versions of the td21 ib pipe? i have heard of the td21 & maybe one other besides the td21h that i have. in your opinion, what are the different versions best suited for. i've been thinking of trying the "h" on my jae/cmb LS evo2 combo. thanx in advance for any info.

Hey Ian!

Still repitch'n props and welding pistons with that rigger of yours? :p
Hey Gene!

Good to see you back on here! I still have my riggers, but they are retired in a wardrobe with cracked tubs after some big hits on the water! I have had to stop running big nitro riggers as I dont have big enough water to test them on anymore and I couldnt work on them. It took me a year to get around to testing 2 head buttons I made once! So I have switched to running a big nitro mono instead! B)

The red mono going sideways out of the water is mine :ph34r: :

http://www.pbase.com/gtmurph/image/127287477/original

Ian.

Thats a cool photo. Look at that lazy guy sitting on his butt near the retrieve boat. What a slacker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Ian,

Way cool pic, Call it a reverse 180 with a twist? :D

Nice Pond!

Gene

Nuthin wrong with taking a little break Timbo :lol:

Gene,

With that crash I didnt even see it, all I could see was the rooster-tail and a big splash, then the boat kept going! :p Murph, who took the pic, told me later I had a big crash... I had no idea until I saw his pic! The pond is Timbo's home ground! I only have a water hazard on a public golf course to practice on! :lol:

Ian.

RS21-OB pipes are now available for those that have been asking.

I have 3 unspoken for (at this moment) and I will be making more this week.

Please direct orders to [email protected]

Price $120.00ea plus postage.

Latest posts

Back