SOWEGA / STORM Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhead

Laid Back Grand Prix Race..............

I don't think so. But what a great time and great race.

The weather Friday was Cold and WIIINNNDDDYYY.

Saturday a little better and Sunday was perfect.

We started Saturday with wind and choppy water all afternoon and then we stopped for dinner at 6:00.

Walkers BBQ furnished the dinner and I don't think anyone went away hungry.

We resumed racing around 7 and the night racing went well and it seemed everyone enjoyed it and the longer we raced the better it got.

When we merged the Grand Prix and STORM series for this race I was told we could expect 20 to 30 boats added to our normal race.....WRONG........

We had such great participation that my anticipated 100 boats went to 200 in the blink of an eye.

Thanks to Mic Halbrehder and Bill Britton for getting the STORM series members to our race.

Sorry Mic for butchering your name.....

Thanks goes out to all of you that attended this race and it was good to see our old freinds and make a lot of new ones.

It was great to see Bob and Karen Kensell and of course "THE" John Otto.

Bob and Karen I had met way back in the Albany Wavewalker days and John, I had only heard and read about.

Oh, John I beleived what I have read about you over what I heard....Fom the Atwells.

Thanks for showing an interest in our race.

Its was great to see Mark Poole and Steve and Roger Amerson back with us and we should all thank Steve for doing all he did to help the Droste family.

Thanks also goes out to my SOWEGA GANG for getting this race up and going.

Thanks Jim for the help on the CD stand, Norma, Score keeping, Jan, Gillian Julie in the pit boss arena....

Rick E: Tad, George and Kem for keeping the pond in order.

Kem and Julie Gilley provides us with a beautiful pond and manicured grounds.

Kem pumped water 24 hours a day for seven straight days to raise the water four feet.

With out this site the Grand Prix series would not exist.

There is no way we can thank them enough.

The SOWEGA GANG also had a lot of help with this race.

Everyone was pitching in to operate the retreive boat, pit boss and anywhere needed. Thats what makes this SERIES so successful.

Then you have the Guys that go up and over the top to help out.

Tony, Mitch thanks, you are true freinds and always there to help and I had nothing to do with that wake up call.

Louis Bentley, can't say enough about his help. when some are standing around wondering what to do he is doing.

One last thanks goes to Kevin Lee and Jeff Whiddon.

At 10:30 at night and the retreive boat motor goes down these two guys are who you call, without them we would have been dead in the water.

This has got to be the most successful season for our series and it seems we are growing every year.

Congratulations to the 2010 champions and wear your jackets proudly.

Well now the race season is over and it is time to relax, reflect and most importantaly repair.

The first Grand Prix Race of the District 13, 2011 season will be at our pond in February and if you can make it come and race and become part our our District 13 Family.

Hope to see you at the pond.

Ricky Bearden

President

SOWEGA Model Boaters.

Ricky it was a pleasure to meet you, I hated having to leave Sat , but we will be back.

Well, at least I will ;)

The site is awesome, cant wait to actually wet a boat next time, I missed a good one......

Andy

Rick, nice to see you guys again.

Big thanks to the pond owner for pumping all that water so we could race boats.

Thanks to Mic and the TBM (yes I am actually saying that) for working with SOWEGA on having the STORM race included. That was a lot of outboards!

Night racing....kinda cold but it was fun. Never raced my boat at night and let me tell you it is different. Thanks for going to all that work to have those lights.

Andy, wish you could have stayed and raced with us in Mod-VP. Next time you see Mic ask him about his THIRD PLACE FINISH!!! :lol:

To Ricky, Jan, Jim and Mr. Kem Gilley,

Thanks for putting up with us. I had been telling others in FL. what a great race this was, and thanks to y'all, it was OVER THE TOP.......................

I don't know how cold it was, but I know how cold I WAS........

Otto's Density meter was pegged at 100 Saturday night, and the motors told the story. That was big-time fun to watch, and we could have raced all night.

Somehow Bill knew the words to every BeeGee's song, and Drake's trailer (for a short time) was his Disco.

Louis Bentley may be corrupted for life now, especially after staying with Whiddon and Drake.

Looking forward to STORM 2010 final hurrah in December. May bring back the Tri-Oval if everyone wants it.

To the Low Country gang, ya better tighten up the reigns, or it's gonna get real messy. :blink:

Great Job SOWEGA! I had a great time and can"t wait til next year. And to the LCS. Enjoyed you all always a great bunch of guys and gals to be around. Be safe over the holidays. See ya"ll next year. JEFF W.

Back