Small LiFe Receiver Packs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daniel, I just sent $126.00 for 9 batteries.
Steve,

I have sold out of the small 800 packs but I can have them ready and shipped in about a week.

Please let me know if that will work as I am about to place a battery order and I will get those for you.

Otherwise I probably won't be ordering more of the small 800 packs on this order.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine. I won't be ready for a month or more. I still have to make rudders, standoffs, trim plates, stinger drives, servo mounts, coil relocators and engine mounts.

I'll be making about 250 rudders, 80 stinger drives and a butt load of everything else.

For about the next week, I'm going to have some put shyt away time.

Daniel these 800 packs came as (lipo...not life) so which are they? If same price that's ok, I can charge either one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Daniel these 800 packs came as (lipo...not life) so which are they? If same price that's ok, I can charge either one.

LOL.

Just WOW !!!!

Are you serious I marked them LiPo.. Certainly I didn't put 7.4 volt after it.

Oh they are definitely LiFe packs don't put them on a LiPo charge whatever you do. I don't have LiPo's anywhere close to that size.

They are LiFe 6.6 volt 2S 800 mah packs.

I must have had something else seriously on my mind as I have never done that out of probably at least 2000 packs and I sell only1 Lipo pack(only for transmitters) for about 100 LiFe packs.

It should have been marked,

LiFe 6.6 volt

2S 800

I am still shaking my head trying to figure how I could have done that. And they sat on my desk for 3 days right in plain view so I had plenty of time to spot my mistake.

Please accept my apologies.

One had life- 800, 6.6.. other 2 had same but lipo (these I charged as lipo) so what will that do to them? They charged ok.. I'll send a picture later.

What do I need to do with packs that don't charge to 95%? Discharge & recharge or what? My charge will balance charge too

Here's 2 of the 3 you sent..
f3b4ca2764f9dd13a9969067bd7782da.jpg

Here's 2 of the 3 you sent.
Oh I knew you were NOT joking with me it just makes we wonder about myself. Getting old man. (had to edit in the NOT just now, I am getting old.)

If I remember I think maybe I was making a few of the transmitter that same day that are LiPo I recon I was gonna mark everything LiPo. Lol.

I musta really had LiPo's on my mind.

Are you alright with them ? I apologize again.

It wipes off with lacquer thinner but probably should remark them. Oh man I am a dummy. Glad you asked but the 6.6 must have given a clue something was up. No LiPo is 6.6 volt.

One had life- 800, 6.6.. other 2 had same but lipo (these I charged as lipo) so what will that do to them? They charged ok.. I'll send a picture later.

What do I need to do with packs that don't charge to 95%? Discharge & recharge or what? My charge will balance charge too

Alan,

I just seen this post. Don't know how I missed it.

DO NOT ever use Lipo to charge LiFe. Never charge by any mode except "LiFe BALANCE" Mode. Never charge any lithium pack unless it is a "BALANCE" charge.

Not using balance mode is almost as bad as using the wrong composition setting. Not quite but either way you are overcharging the cells beyond what they will safely take.

You must have the LiFe compatible charger set to "balance charge". NEVER use LiPo setting on a LiFe battery.

The LiFe tops out at 7.20 before it shuts off and the LiPo charges to 8.40 before it shuts off. LiPo setting is no good for a Life pack and is dangerous to do.

You aren't the first to do this and I have found people that have been doing it all along and somehow figure it out in conversation with them and almost find it hard to believe.

The chargers they sell are kinda dangerous when someone(not talking about you) doesn't realize and sees only LiPo as they scroll around the menu not realizing to get LiFe they have to go in the main menu and set the per cell voltage from 3.7 to 3.3 per cell then that turns the spot that used to be LiPo into LiFe so you can charge a LiFe. Since they didn't see LiFe mode and they know it is LiFe compatible charger then they assume you just use the LiPo setting. Bad move. They should have set it aside and got out the manual and read it first so they understand how to use it. Again Alan not referring to you at all here I am just noting what I have found quite a few people doing and they don't have a clue just how dangerous this mistake could be.

I would discharge them to 5.5 volt or pull out 500 mah and recharge them on the proper LiFe setting. If the charger tops them up and shuts down then I believe you will be fine.

Alan,

Got the two mismarked packs back and they charged fine on a LiFe balance charge. They balanced out exactly and did a discharge cycle and they are performing normally.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=9400109699937917006696

In note you sent you mentioned they show nothing. Right out of package they were accepted normally on my charger and charged properly and shut down at full capacity. The cells balanced perfectly and the functioned normally on a discharge cycle.

I would check your charge procedure as it seems your missing something. Did you plug both connectors into the charger ? They won't balance charge unless both are plugged to the charger unless you have the kind of charger that charges them through the balance plug only.

I rewrapped them and marked them properly and they are on the way back to you.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=9400109699937917006696

Daniel, I just sent $126.00 for 9 batteries.
Steve,Your batteries were delivered yesterday.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?qtc_tLabels1=9405809699937912595205

Thanks again.
OK you booger, now you made me get my butt out of bed to go look. They're here. Thanks. I'll put them to good use soon.
Oops. Sorry.

I sometimes forget the 3 hour time difference.

Wake the heck up. It is almost noon somewhere.

​I have the small 800 LiFe receiver packs in stock again.

These have the thick heat shrink on them that really helps protect the pack. I couldn't get it for a while and had to use that thin cheap PVC stuff but these are the first packs to have it again.

3 for $48 shipped.

Paypal is [email protected]

Thank you.

CcEcMw1.jpg

Latest posts

Back