Single F hydros/Twin F Hydros

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Combining twins is not a problem at all. But you would in a race if there was not enough to make the class combining or what I call consolidating F hydro and twins that would not happen If everything is left as is.

That's my point. Yes f hydro is just a name and it's not the most prestigious class in the impba.
Julian, Jibaro. F hydro is one the most prestigious class in the circuitry. Way more prestigious than T hydro.
Jose is exactly correct. It is for the singles and the smaller twins and is much harder than the big twins alone. The improvement in recent years with the twins has surpassed the development of the majority of the single F's. Look at it as a challenge to all that run them to re-engineer them to be able to better compete with the twin F's. They need to catch up. And that is exactly what I will be doing myself.

I do not believe that there is any reasonable reason to combine the two classes (F and Twin) that run the twins unless the numbers require it just to be able to run a class, even as a combined one. The smaller races may need to do it but the larger ones should not have to do it. For now, leave it alone, it is not broken! It will shake out in time, just be patient and let it happen. The first time this class that ran as such was just 2 months ago at the Fall Nationals. It is in it's infancy. The 2012 IMPBA Internats and the 2012 Fall Nationals will have all 3 classes running as planned at present and I see no reason to change that either.

LEAVE IT ALONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w8aryh.jpg

As Mikey was Saying!!!!! Evansville ran SINGLE F HYDRO about 3 years ago for the early Spring race. We may have ran it one time But it has Taken the twins almost every time just to make a F class of Boats or the Open Hydro Class. I Like the Unlimited class they ran in 2011 ( mono & hydros Anything Goes ) & the Open Hydro Classes. It lets all Open Hydro Racers race BALLS OUT!!!!!!! FAST 40 FAST 60 Single or a FAST GAS SPORT.... FAST MONO... You can GO FOR THE GOLD in UNLIMITED CLASS!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Combining twins is not a problem at all. But you would in a race if there was not enough to make the class combining or what I call consolidating F hydro and twins that would not happen If everything is left as is.

That's my point. Yes f hydro is just a name and it's not the most prestigious class in the impba.
Julian, Jibaro. F hydro is one the most prestigious class in the circuitry. Way more prestigious than T hydro.
Jose is exactly correct. It is for the singles and the smaller twins and is much harder than the big twins alone. The improvement in recent years with the twins has surpassed the development of the majority of the single F's. Look at it as a challenge to all that run them to re-engineer them to be able to better compete with the twin F's. They need to catch up. And that is exactly what I will be doing myself.

I do not believe that there is any reasonable reason to combine the two classes (F and Twin) that run the twins unless the numbers require it just to be able to run a class, even as a combined one. The smaller races may need to do it but the larger ones should not have to do it. For now, leave it alone, it is not broken! It will shake out in time, just be patient and let it happen. The first time this class that ran as such was just 2 months ago at the Fall Nationals. It is in it's infancy. The 2012 IMPBA Internats and the 2012 Fall Nationals will have all 3 classes running as planned at present and I see no reason to change that either.
John, I think that running a single FX class as you did will draw even more single f-hydros. The natural tendency will to run the single in the single FX class. If there are not enough twins for the f-hydro class to make a heat then there would be no reason not to combine the f-hydro twins with the twin class. I really look forward to seeing the singles grow. In years past it was the dominating class, both in numbers of boats but also in speed and developmentof boats and motors. I just think twins should race twins and the big blocks run big blocks. It can.t get any simpler than that.

Then by saying that basically you don't want twins to race with single boats in F hydro from what I can tell. If the F single was so dominant and powerful, and so great on boat technology what happen ?? Guess the single F hydros fell behind alot that's no one to blame but the people that run single boats.

Do what you guys want but eventually what I see in the future is a decline in the F hydro class and ultimately it's a class that will go away.

Joe,

I have done it for many years. Years back, I used to run my 45 hydro against the twin 90's and won without problem. It is great that a club can offer a "Speciality Class" if there is support with entries. Boat counts are increasing at the big races. Perhaps IMPBA needs to consider current classes and delete some that are not well supported.

Stu no doubt about it. Actually stu I would like both lol your too fast for me. Your a great and I am looking forward to racing with you. Doc this is a perfect example of a racer that would race anyone and any boat. F Hydro class is a battle to see who is the king single or twin either you race the bigg boys or leave it in th trailer.

Stu I hope you did not get offended by my comment there's great equipment, motors, boat technology in the hobby. how you use it is the question. Obviously some people are still trying to figure it out Get with the program and let's race.

Julian

You know me I go with whatever is on the program . I'm bulding a single F / X boat as well . Low budget , old school , see what happens . ,will post pics tonight . It's been under construction since 1986 !! :lol:

Joe, this racer down here ain’t skeered

I’d prefer to run in a traditional f/x hydro class with my single....but said class (twin and single combined) was not available for this winternats. This will undoubtedly get the single boats off the shelf, but at what cost? Will this “specialty class” replace f/x hydro at the larger district races (in FL) where boater turnout will validate? Will I only be able to race against twins at small one day races (where they are forced to combine) or the major races out of state?

Since when was f hydro not a prestigious class?

Chad G

Julian,

At any time, I will race my single 80 against your twin 101. Do I have to spot you laps or give you the start to make it fair?

:)

What Stu said! Plus, one of the reasons I built a new single F Hydro was to blow by twins in the turns. Also, it is great to have the speciality class for singles only. Gives the driver another option.

Back