• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shoboat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Richard,

I remember taking one of the first ones out and testing it on everything anyone had at the Belle Isle pond (I think all boats had solid shafts) and it didn't do well on anything. They looked cool but hung on the wall a long time, so I took one and gold plated it, put it on a heavy gold chain, made a necklace out of it and sold it to a friend of mine that had a large cabin cruiser. We had similar luck with the V967 & V937. When Octura came out with these Tom P had gotten the numbers after visiting Mercury, Mercury was having success running them on the large full size racing outboards at the time. I'll have to spend some time thing about a current model boat application and let you know.

Thanks, John
. John, the v967 was the first prop I ran way over 100 mph with officially 17 years ago. Most people don't raise their strut properly for the prop, or have a boat that cannot handle prop lift. If you tried them on solid shafts I'm sure you probably had no adjustment and a lot of shaft angle on the setup.

Mark, have a question for you. Does your website still work? For some reason, when I tried to use it, it didn't work. Gave it to someone, looking for 1.6 pitch props, and they couldn't get it to work either

Trying to locate Dan Koker the guy who built it up for me.

He works at Ford Motor Company and got divorced

and no one can help me find him. I posted on here

with no response. No one even in our old Ford Model Boat Club

have any contact information on him anymore. The problem is

The web site was started on Go Daddy.com and I do not have a login

or password to fix it. The Go Daddy account is paid for through 2018, but

without the password and login info nothing can be done. I called the company

and they did not want to help at all. Bummer. Manta wants $100.00 a month and

it is not worth that kind of money to me. Just have the guy call me at: 231-590-3023.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark everybody on IA knows who you are and what you do for us!! The web site is okay but do you really need it. If you Google RC boat props I bet some post from IA will come up.

Tim,

You cannot believe how much people just Google RC Boat Propellers.

It is paid for so why not use it? People on IW know who I am, but not

the rest of the world. You cannot believe the exposure that a web site

can give your business. I just got a lead on the web site guy so we will

see what happens.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Mark

I am looking to get a S/B H5 prop for my Blackperl P Hydro

What other props would you recommend for this hull?

Also building a FE Whiplash Q Hydro what would be a good prop for this hull running at 6S and at 8S

Thanks Mark

Back