• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sherline #4400 Long Bed Metal Lathe W/Accessories

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctinman

I've upgraded, so this is up for sale. A Sherline #4400 long bed lathe with the "A" package, plus accessories. This lathe is in great shape, and mounted to a heavy plastic base. Although the tag on the headstock reads #4410 (metric version), I converted it to inch, with new leadscrews, nuts, and zero-set handwheels. There is no nicks or scratches in the bed, and everything is tight and smooth. The accessories over and above the "A" package include, - new, never mounted, quick change toolpost W/3 holders, steady rest, live center, 4 jaw chuck, and the not pictured, dust cover. This is a great, not abused, table top lathe, that is still being made, right here in the good old USA. All parts and accessories are still available. Now the part that sucks, I will NOT ship, but I will deliver to a race that the buyer and myself attend. I will meet within a 100 mile radius of Fort Wayne IN. also. Please stick to the IW rules. Also this is posted for sale at other sites.

$725.00

Thanks,
Steve Ball

Attachments

• SAM_5672.JPG
    SAM_5672.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Steve, I have to agree, nice looking "toy". I've got the 8" short bed inch version and have nothing bad to say about it. other than the fact I don't get to use it enough and it's not set up for cutting threads. There is a newer version that will cut threads, just need the new bed. Just out of curiosity, did you ever use the whole length of the bed or would the 8" be long enough if I order the thread cutting version?

Steve, I have to agree, nice looking "toy". I've got the 8" short bed inch version and have nothing bad to say about it. other than the fact I don't get to use it enough and it's not set up for cutting threads. There is a newer version that will cut threads, just need the new bed. Just out of curiosity, did you ever use the whole length of the bed or would the 8" be long enough if I order the thread cutting version?
Hi Mark..
I've used the extra length of the bed working on tuned pipes, but I don't think you need the extra length for any thread cutting, unless you're cutting a leadscrew, or something along those lines. BTW, Sherline has sold, for many years, a thread cutting attachment that will fit on your lathe.

Thanks,
Steve

I have a thread cutter but it requires a drive that will move the tool rest. Mine doesn't have it so the attachment won't work. I just figure it's cheaper to order a new bed that's compatible and go from there. I also know my 8" bed is a bit tight when using the drill chuck or live center so I'm thinking the longer bed could be better

I have a thread cutter but it requires a drive that will move the tool rest. Mine doesn't have it so the attachment won't work. I just figure it's cheaper to order a new bed that's compatible and go from there. I also know my 8" bed is a bit tight when using the drill chuck or live center so I'm thinking the longer bed could be better
Mark, you'll find that the Sherline thread cutting attachment DOES connect the lead screw to the spindle, but the operation is manual, not powered, so I've just used threading dies for all of my threading on the Sherline.

Back