SGRA Hydro Invitational

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a last minute shocker. Jay, it is clear from races past that the bulk of your entries will come at the last minute. Look at the list of names that have commited just on this forum. Stu Barr, Marty Davis, Doc Turner, Mark Bullard, Joe Warren, Jeff Lutz, John Brown, Virgil, and many others. As far as the water level being low, that has been the case at that site before. Do you really think that we will not quickly figure out a way to launch the boats? I have a prediction for you. Cancel yet another Slidell race and watch the VooDoo club pick up the slack. The SGRA will be a thing of the past just like other clubs that cancelled races.

Hey Carlo, want to start VooDoo off with a bang? Your club is very close to the SGRA site, how 'bout you guys stepping up and saying "THE RACE IS ON!" I know it will be a ton of work for you guys to have two races so close together, but the last thing r/c boating needs right now is canelled races. Not to mention it will be fun!

Eric Canto
Eric,

I had a very long talk with Ernie C. one of the oldest members of the SGRA and the latest President on Wednesday about the situation with JJ ( JJ. Martin Situation ), race dates and the rest of the soap opera that we have been dealing with and towards the end of the conversation the discussion changed to the Hydro Invite. Ernie told me about the situation with the water level and I told him they could have the race at VooDoo lake and that we would help them in any way we could so that they would not need to cancel. I know that this is there signature race and that we would like to help in any way we can. There are plenty of hotels and our site is just about ready as our guys have been working there tails off getting the facility ready for our big race. Ernie said he would mention it at the meeting and see what the guys wanted to do, I can only assume that the lack of entries had something to do with it. We would love to have all of you guys no matter what the situation is.

Our offer still stands if the guys at the SGRA change there mind. If not you guys are all welcome to the VooDoo "Sport Hydro Shootout" where all classes will be offered. There will be great food, some great raffle prizes and a good time to be had by all.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a last minute shocker. Jay, it is clear from races past that the bulk of your entries will come at the last minute. Look at the list of names that have commited just on this forum. Stu Barr, Marty Davis, Doc Turner, Mark Bullard, Joe Warren, Jeff Lutz, John Brown, Virgil, and many others. As far as the water level being low, that has been the case at that site before. Do you really think that we will not quickly figure out a way to launch the boats? I have a prediction for you. Cancel yet another Slidell race and watch the VooDoo club pick up the slack. The SGRA will be a thing of the past just like other clubs that cancelled races.

Hey Carlo, want to start VooDoo off with a bang? Your club is very close to the SGRA site, how 'bout you guys stepping up and saying "THE RACE IS ON!" I know it will be a ton of work for you guys to have two races so close together, but the last thing r/c boating needs right now is canelled races. Not to mention it will be fun!

Eric Canto
Eric,

I had a very long talk with Ernie C. one of the oldest members of the SGRA and the latest President on Wednesday about the situation with JJ ( JJ. Martin Situation ), race dates and the rest of the soap opera that we have been dealing with and towards the end of the conversation the discussion changed to the Hydro Invite. Ernie told me about the situation with the water level and I told him they could have the race at VooDoo lake and that we would help them in any way we could so that they would not need to cancel. I know that this is there signature race and that we would like to help in any way we can. There are plenty of hotels and our site is just about ready as our guys have been working there tails off getting the facility ready for our big race. Ernie said he would mention it at the meeting and see what the guys wanted to do, I can only assume that the lack of entries had something to do with it. We would love to have all of you guys no matter what the situation is.

Our offer still stands if the guys at the SGRA change there mind. If not you guys are all welcome to the VooDoo "Sport Hydro Shootout" where all classes will be offered. There will be great food, some great raffle prizes and a good time to be had by all.

Eric,

The VooDoo Sport Hydro Shootout will be a good race to attend, as for the Hydro Invite its up to Jeff, Ernie, or Danny. Show your support for the VooDoo club, should be a great club for a long time to come.

Update on the race, we had a club meeting tonight and agreed we are going to have to cancel the Hydro invite for two big reasons. First off the pond needs water, its at least 3' too low for a race ( would like to see it come up about 4'). Second we currently dont have enough entries.
I know this will be some disappointing news to some people but with these problems I dont see how it could be fixed before the deadline. Hopefully next year we will have the situations fixed and possibly have the man trophies back.

Sorry guys.

Jay

Update on the race, we had a club meeting tonight and agreed we are going to have to cancel the Hydro invite for two big reasons. First off the pond needs water, its at least 3' too low for a race ( would like to see it come up about 4'). Second we currently dont have enough entries.
I know this will be some disappointing news to some people but with these problems I dont see how it could be fixed before the deadline. Hopefully next year we will have the situations fixed and possibly have the man trophies back.

Sorry guys.

Jay

Just got back in town, and getting ready to send in six entries. Is there any further information?

Sorry guys.

Jay

Just got back in town, and getting ready to send in six entries. Is there any further information?
Mark,

I suggest you contact either Jeff or Danny and let them know, see the numbers below.

Jeff: 985-845-0798

Danny: 504-432-8289

Sorry guys.

Jay
Jay thanks for the update. Last year SGRA had a problem with low water & their were safety issues with people laying down on the dock to launch a boat( water at least 3-4ft lower than the dock). While the next running boat is above them. Dannys says it is lower this year... We look forward to racing with you guys in the spring 2008 race. Hopefully the winter will bring the rainfall needed to fill the pond back up. Thanks Again. See you guys in 2008... Lets get it ON......

well, fellows a decision was made, believe me, there's no one else out there that is more hurt than the 8 paid member of the sgra, as of last nite, i became the president, i plan on getting with the district five club presidents to discuss the 2008 races date and to hold monthly club races, so please except my apology for this cancelation. 2008 races will rock.

SGRA PRESIDENT

Jeff Baham.

aka HORNEThydros

I was looking forward to race in my first one in a couple years, and of course sent my entry in this week! My new SGX 80

will have to wait for another day. Chris Fabbro

I was looking forward to race in my first one in a couple years, and of course sent my entry in this week! My new SGX 80will have to wait for another day. Chris Fabbro
Chris bring it to The spring race in 08. We also miss you @ the atlanta spring race in 07.

I too was looking forward to dusting off my twin. I can understand the water situation . We are 29''

behind here in the panhandle of Fl. Haven,t run a boat since the spring nats. Can't fight

mother nature.

Keith

What KATMAN dosesn't say is how dry our pond is. We've lost 6-8 feet of water. At times, we have people running their r/c off road cars in it. Global warming is not real...Yea..right.

So why don't you guys take Carlo up on his offer to use the new VooDoo site and the club's help?? :unsure:

As posted by Carlo on page #3 of this thread-

"Ernie told me about the situation with the water level and I told him they could have the race at VooDoo lake and that we would help them in any way we could so that they would not need to cancel. I know that this is there signature race and that we would like to help in any way we can. There are plenty of hotels and our site is just about ready as our guys have been working there tails off getting the facility ready for our big race. Ernie said he would mention it at the meeting and see what the guys wanted to do, I can only assume that the lack of entries had something to do with it. We would love to have all of you guys no matter what the situation is.

Our offer still stands if the guys at the SGRA change there mind. If not you guys are all welcome to the VooDoo "Sport Hydro Shootout" where all classes will be offered. There will be great food, some great raffle prizes and a good time to be had by all."

I got to hang with Carlo at the Gas Nats and he sure seems like the real deal to me............ :blink:

So why don't you guys take Carlo up on his offer to use the new VooDoo site and the club's help?? :unsure: As posted by Carlo on page #3 of this thread-

"Ernie told me about the situation with the water level and I told him they could have the race at VooDoo lake and that we would help them in any way we could so that they would not need to cancel. I know that this is there signature race and that we would like to help in any way we can. There are plenty of hotels and our site is just about ready as our guys have been working there tails off getting the facility ready for our big race. Ernie said he would mention it at the meeting and see what the guys wanted to do, I can only assume that the lack of entries had something to do with it. We would love to have all of you guys no matter what the situation is.

Our offer still stands if the guys at the SGRA change there mind. If not you guys are all welcome to the VooDoo "Sport Hydro Shootout" where all classes will be offered. There will be great food, some great raffle prizes and a good time to be had by all."

I got to hang with Carlo at the Gas Nats and he sure seems like the real deal to me............ :blink:
Don. the SGRA Must maintain their own pond to have a future. Virgil says a tree fell in the back stretch & poked a hole in the levee. Some water drained down to a point. The natural spring the pond one time had is not filling the pond either. all of this must be maintained in order to get the SGRA race site back to running. Jeff B is working with Kelly (dist 5 director) with race dates to get the club back up & racing. Several of us plan to be there for the Spring event in March 08. It is a Good warm up race for Atlanta April race. They have had some great racing in Slidell with many of the IMPBA US-1 boaters in attendance.jw

So why don't you guys take Carlo up on his offer to use the new VooDoo site and the club's help?? :unsure: As posted by Carlo on page #3 of this thread-

Don. the SGRA Must maintain their own pond to have a future. Virgil says a tree fell in the back stretch & poked a hole in the levee. Some water drained down to a point. The natural spring the pond one time had is not filling the pond either. all of this must be maintained in order to get the SGRA race site back to running. Jeff B is working with Kelly (dist 5 director) with race dates to get the club back up & racing. Several of us plan to be there for the Spring event in March 08. It is a Good warm up race for Atlanta April race. They have had some great racing in Slidell with many of the IMPBA US-1 boaters in attendance.jw
Nobody said anything about abandoning the pond or any such nonsense but simply a one time temporary relocation keeps people racing for THIS race. THAT is the point .............

I can't explain how excited I was to be able to go to this race next weekend. The year before “the” storm hit I some how came away with #2 in Big engine even after getting a sponson knocked off in round two along with twisting a crank in the main motor.

Anyway, once the race was called off this year my heart broke. I have canceled hotel reservations and all other trip plans. If they move the race so be it but I'm willing to bet that the "Guys" will not be coming down south again this year.

Here's to the SGRA and all the fun they have... I hope to see ya'll next year in Slidell. ;)

Regards,

-Buck-

Back