• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling rules are NOT being followed!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony scardina

It seems that the for sale rules are being ignored here. I am sick of my posts getting blasted from the first page within HOURS of posting them.

"PM sent" and "PM replied to" in particular seems to be an issue, as is posting pictures of the item for sale ONE AT A TIME each successive day. I don't see those as anything different than just bumping your post. If you want to add pics, how about editing your original post, or just putting them all up at once in the original post to begin with.

#1- There is a minimum 3 year I/W membership or 30 post requirement before any I/W member is allowed to post items for sale. We have always been all about promoting a brotherhood type atmosphere and unfortunately we have had instances of people taking advantage of that so now unless you have been an established I/W member for at least 3 years or you have accumulated 30 posts in other forums you will not be allowed to sell any items.

#2- Using "bump", "ttt", "p/m sent", "p/m replied to", "still up for grabs", duplicate listings, etc., etc. to keep bringing an item back to the top is not allowed. It is not fair to the others selling things to do this so if your item is not seeing any "action" then do something to generate interest like price reductions, splitting things up, etc. rather than just bumping it. An occasional bump after a minimum of 7 days is not a problem but do not abuse it as it needs to be kept fair for all. Any duplicate posts, bumps, ttt's, p/m's replied to, etc. that appear in less than a week after the original listing or updates/changes will be deleted when found.

#3- As of Monday July 14th pictures of the actual item(s) for sale will be required in all personal for sale ads. "Generic" pics lifted from say a manufacturers site are not acceptable, show the actual things for sale. Common sense needs to play a part as well like we all know what a new glow plug looks like so showing the plug in the package is fine. Any personal for sale ads posted without pics will get one posted warning then the entire thread will be deleted if not corrected within 24 hours. Manufacturers/distributors ads will not require pics nor will "want to buy" or "looking for" type posts in the For Sale section.

It amazes me how much time some have.

Not too mention this is a post NOT listing anything for sale. But is posted in the "for sale" section. That's probably against the rules. Lmao

I only wanted to give the person a chance to realize that constantly bumping their own threads might be disruptive to others attempting to sell on the forum. Next time I'll just report the post, I guess.

Back