Seaducer Mono with OPS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy Glass

Hi I have a ops 7.5cc in a seducer mono just wondering if any one has the same and what pipe lenght they are running.

Need more info, what fuel, prop,plug,pipe, carb??
30% nitro x450/3 prop K&B HP Plug std ops pipe that comes with the engine and standard carb.
I've never run anything less than 60% and MC9 plugs- so I'm not sure about the 30% and plug your running-

That said , a 450/3 is the right prop to start with, may require taking out/adding some pitch(speak with Mark Shouland-).

As far as pipe length , start about 10 1/4 inches and start sneaking it in from there.

I'm sure some-one else will be able to help also. Good luck,fun boat. ;)

This IS a surface drive Seaducer yes?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
30% on a HP is way to cold, your killing HP and RPM's if you want 30%, run a R5 from OS

Need more info, what fuel, prop,plug,pipe, carb??
30% nitro x450/3 prop K&B HP Plug std ops pipe that comes with the engine and standard carb.
I've never run anything less than 60% and MC9 plugs- so I'm not sure about the 30% and plug your running-

That said , a 450/3 is the right prop to start with, may require taking out/adding some pitch(speak with Mark Shouland-).

As far as pipe length , start about 10 1/4 inches and start sneaking it in from there.

I'm sure some-one else will be able to help also. Good luck,fun boat. ;)

This IS a surface drive Seaducer yes?

Andy
Hi Andy yeh it is a surface drive setup.

30% on a HP is way to cold, your killing HP and RPM's if you want 30%, run a R5 from OS
I'm no expert on glow plugs but K&B recommend The HP plug for 25% and higher nitro and the 1L for 25% and down. I have Tryed both plugs and also the HD plug and found no real difference. The R5 Plug would be nearly the coldest plug OS makes? The only reason I asked what pipe lengths other people are running is because In the instructions for the seaducer hull the recommend a pipe starting length is 10.5" but with the standard pipe that comes with the ops engine it is only gives 9". The boat and engine seem to run fine, it was just a general question to see what other people are running.

measure the pipe from the exhaust port to the weld i run 9 5/8 50% fuel x450 3 blade mc9 plug

I'm no expert on glow plugs but K&B recommend The HP plug for 25% and higher nitro and the 1L for 25% and down. I have Tryed both plugs and also the HD plug and found no real difference. The R5 Plug would be nearly the coldest plug OS makes? The only reason I asked what pipe lengths other people are running is because In the instructions for the seaducer hull the recommend a pipe starting length is 10.5" but with the standard pipe that comes with the ops engine it is only gives 9". The boat and engine seem to run fine, it was just a general question to see what other people are running.
SD1 or SD2 original Sub surface SEADUCER 40 boat hull 450/2 blade Octura prop. SD3 Surface Drive Boat 450/3 Octura prop. I run the pipe 9/3/4 from the plug to the Weld in the pipe. 6280 ops (60) Pipe is a Good One. But I prefer the MAC pipe products 7.5cc Open Nitro Pipe @ 9 3/4. It will run 62 - 63 mph went you got it right.

It will run 62 - 63 mph went you got it right.
BS :blink:

Andy

What part dont you understand ANDREW :lol:
This part-

Your saying your B- Mono (.45) runs 62 mph in heat trim ??? <_<
Man we went 63 mph in 2000 on a stalker gun on many passes. IMPBA is D mono .45 If you cannot run 60 plus in heat trim & Go faster in the Good water you will get passed about ever 3-4 laps. I ran a 3.8 in extremely flat sticky Water @ the 05 Nats SAW 40 mono. it was faster than all but 1 of the 60 mono`s of the event. p.s the 3.8 was the ole sd2 Subsurface boat Not the current surface drive SD3 we have today.. I was pulling a sholund 450/2 blade octura. Your 40 mono should be as fast as your 60 mono. Your 60 mono will be lucky if it is running mid to upper 60`s What is the speed of your 40 mono Andrew?

Andy

This part-

Man we went 63 mph in 2000 on a stalker gun on many passes. IMPBA is D mono .45 If you cannot run 60 plus in heat trim & Go faster in the flat water you will get passed about ever 3-4 laps.
Far be it from me to question you Joe- but your Seaducers went faster in flat water than 60+ in race water ??

Andy

This part-

Man we went 63 mph in 2000 on a stalker gun on many passes. IMPBA is D mono .45 If you cannot run 60 plus in heat trim & Go faster in the flat water you will get passed about ever 3-4 laps.
Far be it from me to question you Joe- but your Seaducers went faster in flat water than 60+ in race water ??
You know all your seaducers will run faster in the chop (heat racing) than in the Flat water (saw attempt).

Andy

This part-

You know all your seaducers will run faster in the chop (heat racing) than in the Flat water (saw attempt).
You know Joe can talk the talk but he can also WALK THE WALK his monos are smokin fast

Andy

This part-

well just cause your not running 60 dont mean everyone is running 50?? A good Seaducer, Lazer or Microburst hull will easily produce 60 mph with Good engine & a 9 3/4 pipe & a correct prop. 60mph would be my base line set up.

Andy

This part-

I guess now that I have a little more freedom, I'm going to have to repurchase some of my old boats(hint hint Chris) and come see for myself(Charleston) look forward to seeing you in 09 Joe.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

Andy

This part-

I guess now that I have a little more freedom, I'm going to have to repurchase some of my old boats(hint hint Chris) and come see for myself(Charleston) look forward to seeing you in 09 Joe.

Merry Christmas,

Andy
You wont have to wait that long I`ll be in Atlanta 09, & Both Evansville races, Huntsville & Jax TN .

Back